Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-07-27
TELUS Communications Marketing Mgr Full Time in Burnaby, BC
Branch Burnaby BC CA
Experience in consumer electronics, consumer mobility, and/or telecommunications industry. Join our team….
Are you are a dynamic, self-motivated and collaborative team player? Do you have a passion to lead the development and deployment of marketing programs that enable TELUS retail stores to sell home services solutions? Are you willing to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to uncover new and creative ways to drive our business forward? And most importantly, do you enjoy ‘snacking on the job’ or participating in the occasional movie trivia discussion with your peers? If so, you may be a great fit for the Channel Go-to-Market (GTM) & Adoption team!
NOTE: This role will be part of an interview process for multiple roles on the Channel GTM & Adoption team. The first interview will be an overview of the team and an assessment for fit. A second interview (and potential business case) will be specific to the role that the hiring managers feel you are best suited for.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You’re a strategic thinker with a strong understanding of the consumer retail industry in Western Canada. You have a passion to lead the development and deployment of marketing programs that directly impact sales, profitability and sales experience within our corporately owned stores and TELUS-authorized retail locations. You will partner with senior leaders and cross-functional stakeholders to drive initiatives that impact our portfolio of Future Friendly Home (FFH) products, including Optik TV, PureFibre Internet, High-Speed-Over-LTE solutions, and SmartHome Security. Today, you may be focused on the launch of a new promotional program to drive incremental sales. Tomorrow, you may be involved in initiatives to radically simplify an existing offer for our sales reps. The possibilities are endless when it comes to how we can create better experiences for our customers.
As a Marketing Manager of the ‘Governance & Program Delivery’ team within Channel GTM & Adoption, you will be responsible for assessing the FFH business in our corporate stores and dealers, and recommending new and innovative ways to drive incremental sales; improve sales conversion; increase foot traffic; and elevate our in-store experience. You will lead these discussions with senior leaders and cross-functional stakeholders as a representative of TELUS physical channels, advocating for the requirements of our stores to create workable solutions. Finally, you’ll be responsible for bringing these ideas through various senior leadership and cross-functional forums for socialization and approval before leading the working teams through the process required for proper in-store execution.
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Strong communication skills – ability to present virtually (conference calls) and in-person to cross-functional teams and senior leaders.
- Strong presentation skills – ability to synthesize complex business issues into concise headlines and business problems that are easily understood by an audience ranging from senior leaders to store management. Comfort and experience building sales presentations for internal and external customers
- Versatility with Microsoft/Google platforms – comfort and experience working with MS Office and Google Suite of products, including Excel/Sheets and PowerPoint/Slides.
- 3-5 years of Marketing experience in a head office capacity within the retail industry.
- Ability to manage through ambiguity – understanding the principles of commitment-based management between peers, managers, and senior leaders. Comfortable and confident in deciphering high-level asks and providing recommendations on how to proceed forward, independently.
- Growth mindset – willingness to challenge the status quo; try new ideas; fail fast; learn, adapt, and iterate; and accept constructive criticism from managers and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Familiarity with retail KPIs – experience developing measurable programs.
- Project management skills – confidence and experience in leading projects with cross-functional team members; supporting project volatility and fluctuating timelines; and managing through objection/conflict.
- Business degree in Marketing
- Experience in consumer electronics, consumer mobility, and/or telecommunications industry
- General passion for technology – familiarity with smart home products, IPTV and fibre optic technology, and the integration of mobility products to the connected home.