OverviewTELUS Communications Marketing Development Program – MDP (Tor/Vanc Sept 2016 Start) Full Time in Ontario
Branch ON CA
Marketing Development Program – MDP (Tor/Vanc Sept 2016 Start)
Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. Product Marketing and Pricing for Mobility, TV, Internet, and Home Phone….
Marketing Development Program (MDP)
If your passion is marketing, our innovative and specialized development program will give you the mentorship and experience you need to kick start and accelerate your career.
You have the opportunity to gain experience across all aspects of marketing and work collaboratively to grow and accelerate our product and services capabilities to provide unsurpassed Future Friendly Home and Mobility solutions to consumer and business customers.
As a new team member, you start with foundational training and continue with four 6 month experiential work rotations across a variety of areas to gain experience in across TELUS, which can include:
- Marketing Communications
- Product Marketing and Pricing for Mobility, TV, Internet, and Home Phone
- Content Solutions
- Product Development and Management
- Consumer Relationship Marketing and Engagement
- Small Medium Business Marketing
- Emerging Markets including Consumer Health and Mobile Payments
- Mobile Devices
- Digital & Social Media
- Community Investment
Types of experiences:
During the program, your rotations will provide a variety of experiences, which may include:
- Developing and launching new products and services
- Designing and implementing marketing programs
- Conducting analysis to inform strategic decisions
- Performing market research and business analysis
- Evaluating vendor proposals
- Contributing to executive and board level presentations
- Planning and executing quarterly marketing campaigns
What can you expect?
- Coaching and mentoring
- Performance feedback and leadership development opportunities
- Ownership and accountability for projects
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Community involvement opportunities
- Eligibility to participate in the Total Rewards benefit program
- A fun work environment including social and networking activities and lots of other amazing perks!
What’s after the Marketing Development Program?
Upon concluding the rotational program, you will have the opportunity to join various marketing groups in positions such as:
- Marketing Specialist
- Product Specialist
- Business Analyst
- Marketing Manager
- Product Manager
- University undergraduates completing their degrees in Fall 2015/Spring 2016 from Business, Communications, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, and other programs
- Demonstrated leadership abilities through academic, community or extra-curricular activities
- Demonstrated success gathering team support for ideas or initiatives
- Executive-level interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize
- Effective decision-making, data analysis, and business acumen
- Strong problem solving, project management, analytical and issue analysis skills
- Passion for leading-edge technology
- Adaptable to change in a challenging, high-performing and fast-paced environment
How to Apply:
- To learn more about this opportunity, meet TELUS Team Members at an information session and apply through your campus job site
- For date, time and location, contact your career centre
- When submitting your application, please include cover letter, resume and full university transcript
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We’re also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location : CA-Ontario
Other Locations : CA-British Columbia
Schedule : Full-time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Ontario, CA, US
Posted on: 2015-08-18