OverviewTELUS Communications Design Specialist – Wholesale and Roaming Broker Solutions Full Time in Scarborough, ON
Branch Scarborough ON CA
Design Specialist – Wholesale and Roaming Broker Solutions
Collaborate with product managers in the Partner Solutions and M2M/IoT product teams to develop 1-3 year roadmaps, strategies, business requirements, and…
We are looking for a highly motivated and results driven individual to join the Devices and Applications team at TELUS. In this position, you will lead the assessment, planning, design and implementation of wireless wholesale and roaming broker technology strategy and solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of the wireless wholesale and roaming broker market and technology landscape
- Deep knowledge and understanding of BSS systems and platforms: provisioning, billing, settlement, inventory management
- Knowledge of Embedded SIM (eSIM) technology and value chain
- Experience working with LTE/HSPA/Wi-Fi wireless network technology, including voice, messaging and data services as well as enablers such as real-time rating and policy
- Working knowledge of business and technical requirements and processes for 3GPP and WLAN roaming
- Working knowledge of Connected Device platforms (e.g. Jasper Wireless)
- Knowledge of wireless Industry Standards: ETSI, GSMA, 3GPP
- Understanding of program management techniques and project management best practices
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills (English and/or French) and effective presentation skills; should be able to communicate clearly at all levels, including executives
- Strong business acumen and understanding of product development
- Ability to develop long-term strategy, manage a program to support it, and drive execution
- Business, financial/budget and project knowledge, with solid business case development abilities
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to cope with ambiguity
- Understanding of contract negotiations for contracting and consulting services
- Ability to develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and contacts
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related discipline
- MBA (or equivalent experience) would be an asset
- Project Management certification would be an asset
- Recommended minimum 4 years of progressive engineering and design leadership, preferably in the domain of wireless wholesale and/or roaming broker solution development
- Experience in product development or marketing is a strong asset
Primary Location: Toronto
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We’re also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team. And we do so by living the TELUS values and delivering on our Customers First commitments .
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location : CA-ON-Scarborough
Schedule : Full-time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-30