TELUS Communications Client Project Mgr I Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Client Project Mgr I
Overall knowledge of telecommunication products, such as voice and data services. Fair knowledge of converged telecommunications solutions as related to…
As part of the Client Project Management team , the Client Project Manager I (CPM I) will be responsible for managing or assisting with the implementation of leading edge IT infrastructure systems, voice and data services, and TELUS infrastructure and voice Cloud solutions. The Client Project Manager I is accountable for planning and successful delivery of small, strategic client-facing projects and ensures all client commitments are met or exceeded or supporting other Project and Program Managers deliver medium to large complex, client-facing programs for TELUS’ largest clients in a matrixed environment
Key responsibilities include coordinating project team activities, identifying appropriate resource requirements, developing project schedules to ensure timely delivery within defined scope and budget. The CPM I acts as the primary interface between the client and the internal TELUS teams (including sales, service management, and operations). Effective management of change order requests, monthly reporting, and telephony/IT knowledge are key competencies for success in this role.
- Planning and successful delivery of projects of varied technology, size, scope and complexity
- Build the project plan and schedule based on team member input
- Analyze project risk, prepare and execute.
- Manage project activities, schedule, budget and resources.
- Monitor, track, and report project progress to Senior Project Managers and other stakeholders
- Proactively manage change and creatively resolve issues.
- Promote collaborative teamwork and cross team cooperation.
- Maintain business relationships with clients; support client expectations during project life cycle; earn very good/excellent ratings on client satisfaction surveys.
- Gain a solid knowledge of TELUS integrated solutions and implementation processes.
- Manage all aspects of one or several parallel projects over the entire project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close)
- Apply project management principles and processes in accordance with the PMI PMBOK and TELUS PM methodology
The following knowledge, skills and education or a combination are desired for this position:
- TELUS Internet Data Centre and IT knowledge
- Overall knowledge of telecommunication products, such as voice and data services
- Basic project management principles
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Basic project management knowledge including scheduling, resource management, risk management and financial management.
- Ability to coordinate functional resources to deliver TELUS solutions to the external client; ability to gather and understand client requirements.
- Comfortable interacting with vendors, clients, internal teams.
- Ability to seek creative and innovative ways to deliver client solutions.
- Good presentation, oral and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills and a willingness to learn
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing, fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated facilitation and organizational skills.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Outlook.
- Fair knowledge of converged telecommunications solutions as related to wireless/wireline data, voice, IP, and CPE products and services.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel.
- Formal project management training.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) training.
- Knowledge of infrastructure, network and cloud concepts.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a client-facing or internal role.
- Post-secondary education.
- Experience participating in projects throughout the project life cycle.
- A track record for delivering on objectives; previous experience managing change orders is a must.
- Knowledge of TELUS processes and procedures.