OverviewTelecommunications Administrator in Québec City, QC
Branch Québec City QC CA
Québec City, QC
Telecommunications Administrator On behalf of our Private Sector client, Procom is seeking an experienced Telecommunications Administrator to assist our client…
On behalf of our Private Sector client, Procom is seeking an experienced Telecommunications Administrator to assist our client in the management and administration of voice technologies including VoIP, Unified Messaging, IP Contact Centre and legacy PBX we well as video conferencing, voice systems and application monitoring and telephony hardware/software installation and upgrades and mobile communications.
– Maintain phone switch and the software configuration
– Support and manage Contact Center application
– Review, analyze, evaluate and maintain telecommunications infrastructure.
– Develop and Implement policies and procedures.
– Participate in budget preparation, including: prepare cost estimates for budget recommendation, submit justifications for budget request, monitor and control expenditures.
– Participate in the selection of vendors to aid in clear communications and good relations, and to ensure competitive pricing.
– Monitor contract terms, expiration dates and service level agreements for all telecommunications equipment and ISPs.
– Provide support to regions for moves, additions, or changes to various sites. Generate reports and document changes to telecom infrastructure.
– Help develop new methods or processes to increase our efficiency, level of accuracy and meet defined SLA’s.
– Maintain a list of vendors and service providers.
– Educate and assist staff and management with telecom related inquiries.
– Assistance in recommendation and implementation of client requests with respect to hardware, software, networking and third party applications.
– Provide input into proposals and design recommendations for voice processing applications to include in the creation of technical RFQ/RFP documents for system or service offerings.
– Conduct traffic studies, administer maintenance service agreements, and provide capacity planning.
– Aid in research, planning, and ordering of ISP connections.
– Assist in maintaining inventory of various telecom assets.
– Must be familiar with a wide range of field concepts, practices and procedures.
– Networking knowledge
– Understanding of firewalls and network security technologies
– Experience dealing with Telco’s
– Knowledge of PBX and PSTN infrastructure
– Project management skills are an asset.
Start Date: ASAP
Assignment Length: 6 months (with potential option)
Language Requirement: English (Bilingualism an Asset)
Security Clearance: N/A
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Québec City, QC, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13