OverviewTEKSystems QA Analyst-II Contract in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
As one of North America’s premiere IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services companies, we provide solutions that work….
* Performs software testing of software applications and other types of applications based on defined requirements.
* Applies QA and Testing processes and best practices to projects.
* Ensures all levels of testing are performed with the right approach and adequate coverage.
* Analyzes requirements and creates/updates test cases.
* Uses various tools to facilitate testing.
* Uses SQL queries skills to perform data verification as and when required..
* Creates test data as required for testing.
* Logs defects, anomalies and issues into defect tracking systems and reviews them with project team members to assist with resolution.
* Reports test results and status to the team.
* Is able to work in a dynamic project environment, effectively adapting to changing requirements, priorities and schedules.
* Has a strong ability to work in an collaborative team environment.
* Is comfortable interacting with different groups, all levels of leadership, and client contacts.
* None expected.
Fill in this section by using a new line for each skill.
o Experience with various test case management and defect management tools (specifically Jira)
o Platforms: Windows, Browsers: IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome
QA & Testing Skills:
o Testing Methods
Functional Testing, Black Box Testing
o Testing Types
o SDLC Model
Other Skills and Traits:
o Excellent analytical, interpersonal and problem solving skills
o Strong communication and public speaking/presentation skills
o Self-starter, team player
o Hard working, flexible, and able to learn quickly
o Strong time management skills
o A strong advocate and voice for overall quality and able to support their viewpoints.
Requires a Degree and/or at least XX years of related experience.
Requires a Computer Science Degree and/or at least 3 years of QA experience
QUALIFICATIONS: This is standard. Please do not alter.
Candidate must understand business processes, be a detailed-oriented person, be customer-focused and quickly grasp new concepts. The person will have strong presentation, interpersonal, software development and work management skills.
Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Must hold a valid Visa for travel to the USA or a valid Passport.
This opportunity requires a satisfactory outcome in the following employment screening categories: Criminal Background Check, Employment Verification and Employment References.
About TEKsystems :
Join TEKsystems and get your career on the fast track. As one of North America’s premiere IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services companies, we provide solutions that work. We actively seek talented IT professionals with all levels of information technology skills and expertise in order to support critical engagements at client sites worldwide. Because of our industry-specific focus, knowledge and connections, we can share highly desirable positions you might not otherwise know about. From customized training and flexible hiring options, to dedicated teams of recruiters working to find you the right opportunity, TEKsystems specializes in IT career management.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email [email protected] for other accommodation options.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10