OverviewTECK Technician, Temporary Temporary in Trail, BC
Branch Trail BC CA
TECHNICIAN, APPLIED RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY – TEMPORARY (1 YEAR). However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted….
We are currently seeking an individual in the role of: TECHNICIAN, APPLIED RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY – TEMPORARY (1 YEAR)
Reporting to the Section Leader, Applied Mineralogy & Copper and Zinc, and working under the direction of the Mineralogists, the Technician, ART, carries out and provides accurate experimental data for assigned projects. This posting is in the area of Applied Mineralogy.
- Perform specialized mineralogical preparations and analyses, evaluate results.
- Gather, collate and report experimental data and observations from assignments to assist process investigations; recommend modifications to procedures and equipment.
- Select and follow appropriate standard operating procedures required to complete a specific test program.
- Participate in the planning of test programs.
- Conduct rapid analyses or other diagnostic tests following standard procedures to enable quick evaluations of samples or test runs.
- Conduct test work and surveys at other operations as part of a project team.
- Graduate of a recognized Institute of Technology or University in metallurgical, mineral processing or chemical sciences with 4 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated familiarity with metallurgical and mineralogical techniques related to process mineralogy including sample receipt and preparation, epoxy mounting and polishing, mineral identification, image analysis and liberation analysis.
- Have operating experience using at least two of the major instruments in the Applied Mineralogy laboratories.
- Possess computer skills including familiarity with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Team player with good communication skills is essential.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK. Teck has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the fifth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies. Further information about Teck can be found at company website .
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Trail, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-10