OverviewTechnologist – Engineering, Electrical – Temporary in Regina, SK
Branch Regina SK CA
Technologist – Engineering, Electrical – Temporary
and maintenance operations to systems · Adhere to applicable safety and environmental practices, standards, regulations and corporate commitments · Compile and…
The is temporary full-time to June 30, 2015
The employee in this classification is responsible to perform a variety of office, onsite and project assignments associated with the planning, design, construction, modification, maintenance and operation of SaskPower’s facilities, equipment and infrastructure. This position will also be responsible to provide support to professionals, perform quality assurance and quality control functions while managing various budget, tendering and estimating duties related to departmental projects and functions.
· Inspect, evaluate, test, program, troubleshoot, maintain, construct, install, repair and commission SaskPower facilities, equipment, systems and security and communication devices
· Develop and interpret, plans, designs, specifications and drawings
· Collect, prepare, analyze and diagnose data and take corrective action as required
· Handle the receipt of assignments and confer with technical staff on aspects regarding charts, data, diagrams, drawings, general arrangements, graphs, layouts, schematics, sketches, etc.
· Develop commissioning and maintenance plans, procedures and testing for equipment
· Prepare specifications, cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports
· Supervise or conduct field surveys, inspections or technical investigations to provide data for projects
· Assist in the creation of functional specifications and business cases that meet departmental requirements
· Plan, coordinate and/or supervise inspection and testing of materials, equipment and systems
· Arrange for appropriate permits, as required by the position
· Participate in research to determine efficient and effective work procedures
· Operate analog or digital equipment such to conduct troubleshooting, testing and/or maintenance
· Develop and design and specialized software and perform data entry, editing activities and maintenance operations to systems
· Adhere to applicable safety and environmental practices, standards, regulations and corporate commitments
· Compile and maintain records associated with the position
· Integrate external software with corporate software applications
· Consult with internal and external agencies, as required by the position
· May supervise, monitor and inspect construction projects
· Participate in continuous educational and professional development as required
· Other related duties, as assigned
· Diploma in Technology or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
· Knowledge of related technical principles
· Knowledge of computer operating systems and server environments
· Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to deal with conflict and recommend solutions to difficult situations
· Ability to coordinate multiple assignments and projects at one time
· Aptitude for accuracy and detail, including the ability to cooperate with staff and contractors
· Valid Class 5 driver’s licence
This position is within the scope of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Union.
Candidates under consideration will be required to participate in an assessment process consisting of any/all of the following: interview, ability tests, case study and/or presentation.
The closing date for this competition is September 30, 2014.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Regina, SK, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13