Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-04-05
Technical Safety BC Program Coordinator, Safety Culture Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Technical Safety BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Program Coordinator, Safety Culture
Health, safety audits and other types of reviews for the purpose of monitoring compliance to health and safety and requirements and identifying risks….
Knowledge and understanding of health and safety regulatory requirements. Working knowledge (i.e. interpretation) of relevant legislation (e.g. WorkSafeBC, Canada Labour Code, etc.)
Strong organization and coordination skills along with the ability to coordinate multiple requirements ((i.e. processes, activities, projects, emergency response procedures, etc. simultaneously)
Status: Regular, Full Time, Union
Pay Rate: $25.64 – $29.69/hour -40 hours per week
Reports to: Leader, Safety Culture
- Supports Leader, Safety Culture in implementing and monitoring organizational health and safety programs, policies and initiatives.
- Creates and maintains all OH&S related data including policies, programs, procedures, work instructions and plans within all applicable databases.
- Provide support to internal clients requiring assistance in applying the safety program consistently, and maintaining compliance with corporate specifications.
- Assists in the identification of need and preparation of risk assessments, compliance and training of employees.
- Assists in OH&S audits and produce audit reports and follow up on any actions.
- Responsible for asset management as it pertains to OH&S. Orders, distribute, and maintain supplies, materials, and equipment inventory including but not limited to personal protective equipment.
- Coordinates field inspections, job observations; health, safety audits and other types of reviews for the purpose of monitoring compliance to health and safety and requirements and identifying risks. Provides findings about risks and suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinates and manages first aid attendant schedule.
- Assists in WorkSafeBC claims management.
- Manages safety-related training records, accident reports and other documents electronically and in paper.
- Maintain and suggests improvements to Health & Safety documentation (policies, programs, procedures, work instructions and plans).
- Assists in the investigation and resolution of incidents including root-cause analysis and determination of probable causes of incidents and recommendations for resolution
- Assists in the identification and analysis of trends. Communicates observations and provides suggestions for incident reduction measures.
- Supports the functioning of Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committees.
- Proactively promotes a culture of safety within Technical Safety BC.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or a related discipline supplemented by 2-3 years of previous experience in an OHS environment; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Occupational Hygiene experience/education is an asset.
- Strong communication skills along with some ability to influence clients
- Strong administrative skills along with ability to maintain and report accurate data
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently under pressure with quickly changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to compose professional and relevant formal communications for internal and external distribution
- Proficiency in various types of computer software including SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.