OverviewTech Data Technical Support Specialist Full Time in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Technical Support Specialist
Computer Hardware and Software discipline. Experience Managing Integration or assembly of IT Equipment. Responsible to assist sales in responding to RFI/P/Q’s…
The Manager is responsible for the operation of Tech Data’s two Integration Centre’s in Mississauga and Richmond, BC and Management of the Technical Services Group. The incumbent is required to manage a team of Supervisors, Schedulers, Technicians, and Technical Specialists and to manage two Advanced Technology Services Centers in Mississauga. The Manager is accountable for quality and daily throughput of the Integration centers, and for supporting the ATSC (Infrastructure, Goals and Initiatives). He/She is also required to manage and provide leadership to Technical Services Resources. The Manager will play a leading role in the identification of opportunities for Tech Data to build, deliver and leverage technical capabilities within each area in support of Sales, Vendors and Reseller Partners. The incumbent will develop and manage the Professional Services and Managed Services portfolio from Vendor to offerings while working closely with Sales to understand customer needs.
Integration Centre accountabilities include production planning, meeting contractual and individual order commitments, meeting quality system requirements and management and development of staff. The Manager is responsible for resource planning, budget control, resolving issues and prioritization with Sales, Vendors and Product Marketing while liaising with logistics, AIS Team, Vendors and Sales on processes that touch all groups.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required:
- Oversee Integration Centre’s Operations for both Mississauga and Richmond facilities
- Ensures Integration Centre productivity goals, set by senior management, are attained.
- Monitor and improve Integration Service quality, and service SLAs.
- Manage and monitor the ISO9001:2008 Quality System, identifying opportunities for continuous quality improvement
- Manage and Develop Staff, comprising Supervisors, Technicians and Material Handlers, Technical Specialists
- Monitor and improve qualifications of Staff members, Solutions and Infrastructure.
- Support Business Development Initiatives for Integration Services, ATSC and Technical Resources by engaging Sales, Customers and Vendors through Tours, Sales Visits, and events.
- Work with the Vendor/Product Marketing teams to assess and determine Vendors and solutions that fit within ATSC infrastructure.
- Responsible to assist sales in responding to RFI/P/Q’s when it comes to Technical Support and configuration capabilities.
- Conduct tours of the ATSC and Integration Centre for customers and sales.
- Identifying and building Technical Services capabilities within Tech Data in support of Vendors, Resellers and Tech Data employees
- Have a clear understanding of vendor and customer business models, goals and contractual requirements as well as how this aligns with Tech Data’s company vision, values and financial metrics Build and sustain long term relationships with clients, customers, and vendors by consistently exceeding their expectations, discover new ways to add value, and maintain a sense of urgency to resolve any issues
- Responsible for designing and implementing new systems or processes in order to improve processes, environment, solutions while working with Senior Management
- Reports on the configuration and ATSC operation, and provides key metrics on goals to management.
Executes special projects as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
College Diploma or equivalent
Computer Hardware and Software discipline
Type of work experience:
Experience Managing Integration or assembly of IT Equipment.
Leadership, Process Improvement
Experience Managing in an ISO 9001:2008 environment
Years of experience:
3-5 years Integration Centre or Assembly Management experience
Greater than 5 years Integration Centre Management experience
Other related experiences:
Collaborative and partnership oriented
Strong People Management Skills. Well organized, Proactive, Work with minimal supervision, excellent communication skills, multi-task, work constructively under pressure
Knowledge of ISO 9001 / 2
Special Training Required:
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23