OverviewTD Bank Treasury & Balance Sheet Management Winter Co-Op Internship in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Treasury & Balance Sheet Management Winter Co-Op
Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to translate complex technical issues for the benefit of others….
As a student part of the TD Co-op program you will have the opportunity to join different development workshops, seminars and lunch and learns. We will provide you the necessary tools, resources and guidance to achieve both business and personal goals.
If you possess a strong understanding of Capital Markets and are interested in financial instruments including: derivatives, fixed income, securities trading, mortgage securitization, investment banking and institutional equities you could be the right candidate for Treasury and Balance Sheet Management (TBSM)
The TBSM department here at TD Bank is a recognized global leader in asset and liability management. We are responsible for the management and optimization of the enterprise’s:
- Non-trading market risk (e.g. interest rate and FX)
- Liquidity and funding risk
- Capital position and requirements
- Investments and cash needs
To deliver on this mandate, we at TBSM:
- Establish complex hedging strategies through the execution of financial derivatives
- Develop capital strategies while managing TD’s evolving $60B equity position
- Manage and execute on a $170B global portfolio of investments
- Service TD’s debt and capital needs and maintain a portfolio of $90B of various outstanding funding and capital instruments
- Deliver transfer priced balance sheets and margin attribution to TD’s business segments
TBSM has over 200 professionals that provide expertise in managing the bank’s $900B balance sheet to drive incremental value across all of TD’s businesses.
Available opportunities include the following:
- US Segment Funds Transfer Pricing
- Asset Strategy
- Hedge Strategy
- Investment Portfolio Management
Advanced MS Excel and MS Access for data analysis (Pivot, Filter, Formulas, Vlookup, VBA)
- Strong derivative knowledge
- Bloomberg/Reuters knowledge
- Advanced Financial product knowledge
- Database management/development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to translate complex technical issues for the benefit of others.
- Strong quantitative, analytic, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking skills, ability to see the “big picture” in a complex environment.
- Independent thinker who takes initiative to capitalize on opportunities, minimize problems, and achieve efficiencies.
This is a generic job description for all of Treasury and, if selected for interview, you will be provided with the specific description for the team you were selected for and the job details/requirements.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Employment Type: Internship
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21