OverviewTD Bank TD Securities Market Data Services Summer Intern Internship in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
TD Securities Market Data Services Summer Intern
Education Bachelor’s Degree. City (Primary) Toronto. Assist with objectives related to the ongoing Market Data Initiatives and Asset Control implementation…
TD Securities – Business Services mandate is “To deliver World Class service” with efficient, effective and controlled support processes that maximize productivity and minimize risk. TD Securities – Business Services is comprised of four groups, including, Data Governance and Business Process & Control and Regional Operations (New York, London and Singapore)
The Market Data Services team is responsible for ensuring that complete and accurate market data flows into a number of the valuation systems used across the Firm. It also is responsible for the collection, standardization, and distribution of data throughout TD Securities. A key task is to continually assess market data sources for reliability, and cost-effectiveness and initiate changes where appropriate.
Additionally, the group effectively, efficiently and independently executes the following for market and credit risks while ensuring disciplined change
management, data management and governance, project governance and process management, in accordance with policy.
- Generate accurate and complete Market Valuation Process (MVP) market data in accordance with Global IPV policy and associated business line IPV policy. This consists of running the MVP processes for one or all of FX, IR and/or Equity asset classes.
- Responsible for the daily cleansing, analysis and maintenance of MVP data in the Asset Control system as well as the accuracy of this data within the source system.
- Generate accurate and complete set of market data related to the upload of non-independent data to the applicable source system (Murex Equity, Summit).
- Assist with objectives related to the ongoing Market Data Initiatives and Asset Control implementation projects.
- Ensure that all late or missing market data uploads and related process metrics are recorded, documented and explained appropriately.
- Ensure internal control processes are followed as per the Capital Markets Risk Management standards and make recommendations for improvement or identify gaps.
- Contribute to the broader group as a subject matter expert on complex products pricing & risk issues.
- Liaise with the Bank’s front office traders, Market Risk Control, audit, technology groups, and other stakeholders to assist in meeting the Bank’s objectives.
- Perform adhoc analyses as required by management and ensure that the impact of projects and initiatives are understood.
- Maintain a good understanding both of the financial markets in general and the various products employed by the business
- VBA, Excel and Derivatives are essential
- General understanding of market environments and trading businesses
- Bloomberg/Reuters knowledge would be an asset
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Employment Type: Internship
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-12