OverviewTD Bank Risk Rating Specialist Internship in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Risk Rating Specialist
Serving more than 11 million customers nationally, TD Canada Trust provides a full range of financial products and services through its branch banking network,…
TD Canada Trust is TD’s customer-focused personal and small business banking business. Serving more than 11 million customers nationally, TD Canada Trust provides a full range of financial products and services through its branch banking network, telephone, internet banking, and ‘TD Green Machine’ automated banking machines.
The Borrower Risk Rating Team supports the Commercial and Agriculture portfolios in the Business Bank by determining a Borrower Risk Rating (BRR) for use in the adjudication of Commercial and/or Agriculture loans
Reporting to Manager, Borrower Risk Rating, the Risk Rating Specialist is responsible for:
- Use combination of GAAP, notes to financial statements, and overarching guidelines to correctly identify and input values from financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Statement of Cash Flow) of privately held companies into the Risk Rating model.
- Generate a BRR (Borrower Risk Rating) calculation for each request based on inputs.
- Apply requested adjustments to financial statements and create a revised set of financial statements and BRR rating.
- Understand intercompany transactions and apply the elimination of same to combine financial statements from multiple companies.
- Support Manager in other tasks, as assigned.
Contribute to a positive and fun work environment!
- Read and understand financial statements (company prepared, notice to reader, review engagement and audited)
- Minimum completion of 2nd year university education with a specialization in accounting is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Adobe and standard Microsoft desktop software, specifically Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment while ensuring work is of high quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Problem solving ability
- Work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
Bilingual in English and French would be an asset.
Education and Accreditation
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Employment Type: Internship
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21