OverviewTD Bank Product UI/UX Designer Intern – TD Labs Incubator Internship in Waterloo, ON
Branch Waterloo ON CA
Product UI/UX Designer Intern – TD Labs Incubator
Mobile design experience (i.e. The Lab’s design mentors will guide you through our end-to-end concept design and development process….
Have you ever wondered how North America’s most successful corporates develop some of their most innovative
ideas? If so, join our lab-based, fast-paced, and passionate team that ideates, builds, and tests innovative solutions
that will shape the future of digital banking. The TD Lab Incubator is an authentically lean and highly collaborative
work environment where a progressive team is changing this bank one sprint at a time. Make your mark in a setting
where every day operates like a well-funded start-up while helping TD lead the way in fintech!
As a designer intern in a role like no other, explore ideas, conduct user research, and design flows and visual design
for functional prototypes. You will bring your solutions to life while being empowered to start/stop projects because of
what the market tells you. You will work in a vast, open and collaborative workspace in the Waterloo Region’s
Communitech Hub alongside other leaders of corporate innovation , Velocity Garage , and a host of start-ups.
Job responsibilities include:
• Conduct user research and interviews to help understand customer problems
• Develop storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate design ideas
• Execute UX and visual design requirements as part of a team
• Work closely with team leads and engineers to bring a solution to life
Key skills and assets include:
• Awareness of current design trends (e.g. Material Design, iOS Human Interface Guidelines)
• Mobile design experience (i.e. iOS, Android)
• Experience conducting user interviews and user research
• Knowledge of design tools like Sketch, Photoshop, Principle or Marvel
• Experience with Google Design Sprints
Consider showing us your portfolio or that one project that you are proud of and let us know what you specifically did
to make it special for your persona. Maybe from a design or UX project, hackathon, or something you did just for fun!
• Weekly catered lunch from a variety of vendors (e.g. Pepi’s Pizza, Taco Farm, Frat Burger, Arabesque)
• Special treats throughout the week (i.e. seasonal and sensational)
• Monthly team events (e.g Bowling, Archery Tag, Axe Throwing, Escape Rooms)
• Mid-term hack week (i.e. your group project to wow us with something novel)
• Latest MacBooks and mobile hardware
• Design your own swag (i.e. something you wear)
The Lab’s design mentors will guide you through our end-to-end concept design and development process. You will
work on several projects throughout the term and be exposed to the latest that modern Design Think has to offer. You
will have the opportunity to act like an entrepreneur, flex your creative muscles, bringing impactful ideas to life while
taking on challenging design tasks.
If you are a self-starter, like to think outside the box, and are looking for a challenge – this job is for you
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Employment Type: Internship
Location: Waterloo, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23