OverviewTC Media Photo Art Director – Freelance Opportunity Full Time in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Photo Art Director – Freelance Opportunity
Proven design and creative direction skills. Ensure all creative requirements meet scheduled due dates and client expectations….
Do you consider yourself a Foodie?
Do you love being on set?
We are looking for a strong photo art director with a deep appreciation of food and an abundance of experience in food photo direction.
* This is freelance opportunity with 2-4 days of work per week depending on volume.
Purpose of the Position:
Provide our client with the very best in food photography.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide inspirational, cost-effective photo solutions and art direction that meets or exceeds client expectations while working with the photo studio and/or agency partners.
- Understand and ensure brand standards are met while addressing client objectives across seasons, departments and/or campaigns.
- Collaborate with Account Creative Lead to uphold and build on client expectations.
- Take written and oral communication or recipes and translate into visual concepts and shot lists that address photo requirements.
- Create and present ideas to the client with rationales that tie to strategies and objectives.
- Determine and communicate all photo requirements from propping to shot environment.
- Ensure all creative requirements meet scheduled due dates and client expectations.
- Comprehend implications of new client direction on current and future projects to determine and adjust work as required.
- Inspire creativity, accuracy and cooperation amongst staff, while ensuring efficiencies through clear communication.
- Maintain a creative environment that inspires company values while encouraging team development through inclusion, open communication, and collaboration.
- Minimum 8 years on-set art direction experience
- Minimum 5 years food photo art direction experience
- Proficient in all aspects of on set art direction, including planning and pre-production.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with solid presentation abilities
- Proven design and creative direction skills
- Degree or Diploma in a related design discipline.
- Able to sketch and convey art direction vision to clients and photo teams alike.
- Proficient in photography art direction, in particular food photography.
- Familiar with photographic techniques such as lighting and composition
- Strong knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop
- and Illustrator Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Team player with strong interpersonal and above average communications skills
- Able to show initiative and ownership of projects
- Detail and results oriented
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Your application will be treated with confidentiality and within equal opportunity principles.
TC Transcontinental is committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates and to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. Should you be contacted regarding an employment opportunity and require an accommodation for a disability, we will be pleased to work with you to identify how we can best support you through this process.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23