OverviewTarpon Energy Scheduler – Electrical Construction (6 week term) Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Scheduler – Electrical Construction (6 week term)
Acts in a manner consistent with Tarpon’s core values and according to Tarpon’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behaviour….
Tarpon is looking for a Scheduler to join our Construction Services team for a 6 week project! The Scheduler is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of schedules for Tarpon’s electrical projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop preliminary schedules for electrical projects.
- Develop and maintain project master schedule.
- Ensure the schedules contian sufficient quality and detail to effectively assist in controlling the work progress.
- Work closely with the project team to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Develop detailed turnover schedules to assist in the timely and effective completion of these activities.
- Monitor hours and costs to determine trends and to assist in forecasting.
- Assist with monitoring, reviewing, and analysis of the schedules including manpower loading during all phases of the project and any schedule deviations and corrective actions.
- Provide recommendations for corrective action due to delays in certain aspects of the projects.
- Acts in a manner consistent with Tarpon’s core values and according to Tarpon’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethical Behaviour.
- Complies with standards and procedures of the Tarpon Health & Safety Manual and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Journeyman Electrician.
- Preference given to those with Red Seal Electrician status.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of scheduling experience in an electrical or construction environment.
- Ability to conduct schedule risk evaluation/analysis is preferred.
- Proven track record of achieving results on time.
- Strong computer skills including MS Project, Primavera or FastTrack and MS Office (Outlook, Excel and Word) is required.
- Experience on large-scale electrical or construction projects.
- Ability to schedule and track projects from concept to completion.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must have valid class 5 drivers’ licence.
- Must have own transportation as location is not accessible with public transportation.
- Travel within Western Canada will be required for this role.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23