OverviewTarpon Construction Management Electrician – Apprentice (Fort St. John) Full Time in Saint John, NB
Tarpon Construction Management
Branch Saint John NB CA
Electrician – Apprentice (Fort St. John)
Saint John, NB
Must have experience in an industrial/oil & gas setting. Must be a team player & work closely with maintenance, production, engineering and outside services….
The Apprentice Electrician is a 2 nd , 3 rd or 4 th year Apprentice Electrician with relevant industrial or commercial experience. The Apprentice Electrician must have a continual focus on safety, cost control and client satisfaction when performing the duties of this position, as well as have a history of producing quality work with attention to detail in order to meet and exceed client needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of Journeyman Electricians, or with guidance from Journeyman Electricians, Apprentices are involved with the following tasks:
- Reads and interprets drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Tests electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Installs, examines, replaces or repairs AC/DC Motors and Drives, PLC’s, 480V power, 120V control circuits, 4160 volt switchgear, transformers, motors, starters, relays and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical controls.
- Installs, examines, replaces or repairs electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
- Installs, examines, replaces or repairs generators, alternators and industrial storage batteries.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections and testing of various electrical systems (including power distribution equipment).
- Sizes and installs electrical circuits including panels, wire size and type, conduit, protective devices, switches, and related equipment needed to comply with the CEC and/or NEC.
- Quickly repairs electrical failures and replace parts where production time is frequently affected.
- Corrects wiring and connections on machinery controls where incorrect applications could cause damage and hazardous conditions.
- Fabricates, installs and/or runs conduit, 3-Phase work, motor terminations, control and instrument troubleshooting and panel work.
- Works on systems operating at 240 Volts, 480 Volts wye, 480 Volts delta, 4160 volt switchgear, transformers and motors by following electrical drawings and using test instruments such as a voltmeters, ammeters and PC’s.
- Conducts preventive maintenance programs and keeps maintenance records.
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- Complies with standards and procedures of the Tarpon Health & Safety Manual and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
Skills, Abilities and Educational Background
- 2nd, 3rd or 4th year Electrical Apprentice.
- Must have experience in an industrial/oil & gas setting.
- Have had exposure to the Canadian Electric Code.
- Ability to read electrical schematics, diagrams, and blueprints.
- Possess high degree of initiative, creativity, communication skills, self-supervision, and respect for safety requirements.
- Must be a team player & work closely with maintenance, production, engineering and outside services.
- Must have a flexible work schedule – shift work, overtime and weekends and schedule changes are routine and required aspects of the position.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Must have a basic understanding of P&ID’s.
- Must have valid class 5 drivers’ licence.
- Must have own transportation as most locations are not accessible with public transportation.
- Must be willing to relocate to Fort St. John.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saint John, NB, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-22