OverviewTaro Pharmaceuticals Inc. QC Chemist – Finished Goods Contract in Brampton, ON
Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Branch Brampton ON CA
QC Chemist – Finished Goods
Minimum 1 – 3 year’s experience in Pharmaceutical Laboratory environment preferred. Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to…
Taro is a multinational; science-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to meeting the needs of its customers through the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of the highest quality healthcare products.
Our Brampton location is presently looking for a Quality Control Chemist – Finished Goods to join our Quality Control Department .
The main responsibility of this position is to generate accurate results while following GMP requirements. Responsible for analyzing laboratory samples using various chemical and instrumental techniques, in accordance with established compendial and in-house testing methods, while under minimum supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
- Testing of in-process, bulk, finished product, stability samples and raw materials by TLC, UV, IR, HPLC and GC and wet chemistry techniques as per SOP.
- Document test results as per SOP and GMP
- Recognizes OOS or out of trend results and under the direction of the Supervisor assists in the completion of lab investigations
- Interpret data, communicate results and complete written reports
- Complete all GMP documentation correctly and in a timely manner
- Complete all training assignments and maintain personal training records
- Conduct (participate or lead) routine laboratory and Non-Conformance Investigations
- Initiate and follow through with actions required to close Change Controls
- Evaluate methods and procedures and suggest improvements and changes as required
- Disposes of waste solvents and orders any chemicals or laboratory supplies as required
- Flexibility to shift start time and occasional overtime
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- B. Sc. or equivalent
- Minimum 1 – 3 year’s experience in Pharmaceutical Laboratory environment preferred
- Ability to apply knowledge of chemistry, math, instrumentation and statistics to complete tasks
- Proficiency in various techniques and operation of instrumentation (pH meter, viscometer, Karl Fisher apparatus, UV IR spectrophotometer, Chromatography instruments)
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment
- Proficiency with applicable software (LIMs and Empower)
- Strong organizational, analytical and multi-tasking ability
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly with analytical records, reports and investigations
- Understanding of GMP’s
- Routine problems and decisions
- Occasional exposure to higher than normal noise levels, frequent exposure to various chemicals used in the testing of raw materials, components and finished products.
- Occasional exposure to unpleasant odors resulting from testing procedures.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume to [email protected] referencing Quality Control Chemist – Finished Goods in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
Taro Pharmaceuticals embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Taro Pharmaceuticals will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
NOTE : All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining of a satisfactory background check which may include educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE : Please note that Taro Pharmaceuticals does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with an agency / recruiter, Taro Pharmaceuticals will not consider any referrals or agree to payment of referral or recruitment fees. In the event a recruiter or an agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Taro Pharmaceuticals explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Brampton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-12