Employment Type: Freelance
Posted on: 2016-10-31
TAG HR- The Associates Group Human Resources Telecommunications Analyst Contract in Ottawa, ON
TAG HR- The Associates Group Human Resources
Branch Ottawa ON CA
Must clearly demonstrate ten (10) years of experience in the design, support and maintenance of telecommunications systems, including the development of…
Our government client is currently seeking a qualified candidate for a Telecommunications position:
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Identify the higher level strategic direction, policies, and requirements that would drive the evolution of DND/CAF satellite telecommunications and networking services, to include the following aspects:
- Services that link telecommunications services to each other or with the established or planned information technology and using standard network interfaces and gateways;
- Integration services that pertain to technical level integration (i.e. at workflow, business model process level based on business or technical requirements);
- Definition and development of enterprise architecture artefacts, including reference architecture and solution architecture guidance.
- Analyze and evaluate alternative technology solutions that would meet the identified direction and requirements and/or resolve identified deficiencies;
- Analyze and evaluate industry trends to ensure that solutions would fit within government and industry direction and standards;
- Develop the reference architecture that would frame the engineering of Enterprise/business and Command & Control satellite telecommunications and network services, to be provided as direction and/or guidance to all ongoing and planned engineering activities and projects;
- Develop the technological roadmap that would shape the evolution of Enterprise/business and Command & Control satellite telecommunications and network services;
- Ensure the roadmap being developed integrates all ongoing and planned engineering activities and projects, both within ADM(IM) and other DND/CAF organizations;
- Review the design of satellite telecommunications and network services to ensure alignment with reference architecture and adherence to strategic roadmap, and recommend improvements when necessary.
- Secondary school diploma is required
- Certificate, diploma, or degree in telecommunications, information technology or computer science or other relevant field from a recognized post secondary institution is required
- Must clearly demonstrate ten (10) years of experience in the design, support and maintenance of telecommunications systems, including the development of comprehensive telecommunication system alternatives, and maintaining and enhancing hardware, software and other components.
- Must clearly demonstrate 3 years’ experience within the past 10 years in the design of IP networks over Ethernet-enabled satellite communications systems.
- Must clearly demonstrate 3 years’ experience within the past 10 years with Satellite communications modems such as NEWTEC, SKYWAN, iDirect, etc.
- Must clearly demonstrate 3 years’ experience within the past 10 years with remote access facilities such as DND’s Network Access Gateway, Deployed Operations Gateway, etc.
- Must clearly demonstrate 3 years’ experience within the past 10 years with integrating GoC PKI infrastructure into network environments.
- Must clearly demonstrate 3 years’ experience within the past 10 years with the use of MPLS over IP and VPNs with adaptive Quality of Service.
Job Type: Contract