OverviewSwissport International Ltd. Training Supervisor Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Swissport International Ltd.
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Develop training material and establish training programs as per directed standards. Conduct initial training. Schedule and perform recurrent training….
The Training Supervisor is responsible to train, monitor and evaluate performance of employees for our Ground Handling Services, while ensuring company and customer service standards and policies are met.
- Conduct initial training
- Schedule and perform recurrent training
- Audit and evaluate operations/colleagues for compliance
- Coach and direct all staff as needed
- Maintain training files/records of all employees with compliance to all applicable Authorities rules and regulations
- Perform Quality Assurance function, as required
- Administer customer audits
- Develop training material and establish training programs as per directed standards
- Prepare examinations and progress reports for initial and recurrent training programs
- Monitor and evaluate performance of all ramp employees
- Prepare and complete evaluations for all ramp employees
- Knowledge and understanding of the current collective agreements
- All other duties as assigned, including supervisory and operational necessities
Qualifications and Competencies
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have and maintain valid DA/AVOP and Transport Canada Security Clearance
- Available to work irregular hours, weekends, holidays and late shifts
- Minimum of two (2) years ground handling experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of ramp procedures
- Supervisory experience in leading and directing large work groups, and evaluating performance, (unionized environment would be an asset)
- Computer systems : Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Access) and graphic programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, professionalism and autonomy
- Sense of leadership, diplomacy and team spirit
- Flexible to work various shifts (days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays)
- Be comfortable operating large equipment, working from an elevated platform at height, during inclement weather
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 55,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 255 stations in 44 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fuelling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-22