OverviewSustainMobility Program Coordinator Contract in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
SustainMobility is a dynamic non-profit social enterprise. In addition to delivering the Smart Commute program in the City of Mississauga, Pearson Airport Area,…
SustainMobility is a dynamic non-profit social enterprise. Our goal is to reduce traffic congestion, greenhouse gas emissions and to improve air quality by encouraging and supporting sustainable means of commuting. In addition to delivering the Smart Commute program in the City of Mississauga, Pearson Airport Area, Brampton and Caledon, SustainMobility offers a broad range of consulting services and programs aimed at increasing physical activity, supporting sustainable modes of transportation and reducing the number of single occupancy vehicle trips.
SustainMobility is currently hiring for a contract position for the role of Program Coordinator.
Description of Position
SustainMobility is looking for an experienced Program Coordinator with 5 years of work experience, a talented and entrepreneurial multitasker with a solution-oriented approach to teamwork and ability to excel in a fast-pasted environment.
Reporting to the Director of Programs & Communications, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the development and execution of Smart Commute programming, writing proposals, responding to requests from corporate clients and acting as a liaison between the Directors and external stakeholders. The Program Coordinator must be able work independently and in a team environment.
- Acts as a liaison between Directors and corporate clients, Region of Peel and Metrolinx.
- Grows and maintains strong and mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders through excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Composes, evaluates and negotiates project-specific activities and deliverables.
- Assists with client onboarding, survey administration and summarization of results.
- Manages requests and inquiries from clients in a timely and professional manner.
- Manages on-site and workshop bookings.
- Assists in preparing reports for funders, sponsors and corporate clients.
- Provides on-site event assistance where applicable.
- University degree in English, Business, Marketing, Communications or Public Relations; or a related field of study; or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Capacity to work under pressure and adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications as well as proficiency in word processing, Microsoft Excel, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Knowledge and understanding of sustainable transportation or air quality issues and emerging trends and developments in these areas, particularly in transportation demand management, is an asset.
- Ontario G license and personal vehicle required.
Interested candidates are asked to send their cover letter and resume to [email protected] and reference job number SM001.
We thank all applicants who are interested in this position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01