OverviewSustainMobility Communications Coordinator Contract in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Reporting to the Director of Programs & Communications, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for the development and execution of writing and editing…
SustainMobility is a dynamic non-profit social enterprise. Our goal is to reduce traffic congestion, greenhouse gas emissions and to improve air quality by encouraging and supporting sustainable means of commuting. In addition to delivering the Smart Commute program in the City of Mississauga, Pearson Airport Area, Brampton and Caledon, SustainMobility offers a broad range of consulting services and programs aimed at increasing physical activity, supporting sustainable modes of transportation and reducing the number of single occupancy vehicle trips.
SustainMobility is currently hiring for a contract position for the role of a Communications Coordinator.
Description of Position
SustainMobility is looking for an experienced Communications Coordinator with 3-5 years of work experience, a talented and entrepreneurial multitasker with a solution-oriented approach to teamwork and ability to excel in a fast-pasted environment.
Reporting to the Director of Programs & Communications, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for the development and execution of writing and editing internal and external communication material including newsletters, web content, grant applications, marketing collateral, news releases, social media content and responding to requests from corporate clients. The Communications Coordinator must have strong written and oral communications skills and knowledge of a variety of social media platforms.
- Provides communications support by writing and editing internal and external communication materials.
- Maintains responsibility for editorial content of all internal and external communications material.
- Assists with the execution of various marketing and communication campaigns.
- Prepares reports for funders, sponsors and corporate clients.
- Manages Social Media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter).
- Writes media advisories, press releases and grant applications.
- Provides on-site event assistance where applicable.
- College Diploma or University degree in Journalism, English or Corporate Communications.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of previous work experience is required.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills required.
- Ability to create original, creative and relevant content.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Experience with managing various social media platforms.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Ability to juggle and prioritize projects.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications as well as proficiency in word processing, Microsoft Excel, spreadsheet and presentation software.
- Knowledge and understanding of sustainable transportation or air quality issues and emerging trends and developments in these areas, particularly in transportation demand management, is an asset.
- Ontario G license and personal vehicle required.
Interested candidates are asked to send their cover letter and resume to [email protected] and reference job number SM002.
We thank all applicants who are interested in this position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted and may be also requested to complete an assignment.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-02