OverviewSurex Community Services Part-Time/Casual Part Time in Toronto, ON
Surex Community Services
Branch Toronto ON CA
You interact with our people in a respectful and dignified manner consistent with their legal, civil and human rights….
Surex Community Services is a community-based non profit organization providing support and assistance for adults with developmental disabilities living in a group home settings. All Surex staff will promote social inclusion, provide choice, facilitate independence in directing supports and assistance and respect the rights of adults in service.
As a staff member of Surex it is our expectation :
- You interact with our people in a respectful and dignified manner consistent with their legal, civil and human rights.
- Actively listen to and observe people in order to empower them to exercise preferences, be self directed and learn.
- Provide choice by creating and offering options in day to day living experiences.
- Promote social inclusion by accessing the community for goods, services, recreation and social intereaction.
Key Responsibilities :
- Ensuring health and safety of our people
- Implementing positive behaviour support, crisis intervention
- Teach new skills (e.g. independent living, self advocacy)
- Supporting self-determination and self-direction of our people
- Working with family members
- Medication administration
- Assisting with home skills such as meal planning and preparation, housekeeping and budgeting
- The provision of personal care and hygiene
- DSW diploma or related post-secondary education preferred
- Related work experience of more than 1 year
- Able to work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Able to perform delegated tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to respond to a flexibile work schedule involving shifts or emergency staffing needs
- Must be available to work shift work, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Valid First Aid and CPR, Safe Management
You will be required to provide 3 work related references at time of interview.
Upon hire, you will be required to provide a current policy vulnerable sector screening, including medical check.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31