OverviewSupport Worker for Adults with Autism DAY PROGRAM in Saskatoon, SK
Autism Services of Saskatoon
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
Support Worker for Adults with Autism DAY PROGRAM
adults with personal care such as bathing, toileting… clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene – Administer medications – Assist clients in…
Day Program Support
Casual, Part-time and Full-time positions available.
Must be available between 9am-5pm, weekdays
We are looking for enthusiastic, kind and patient
support staff to work with adult clients with
Autism. Fun, flexible, workplace, with many
opportunities for training and advancement.
You must be willing to build a relationship with
the individuals we support, and understand that
you may experience challenging and stressful
situations. Our primary focus is to support
adults in their community in a respectful and creative environment.
Assist adults with autism in a developing and engaging in a day program. This may include recreation activities, job coaching, skill building, and other activities which will benefit the individual.
Assist individuals with personal care (dressing,
bathing, toileting, etc.)
Assist in planning and implementing programs as
part of the core team.
Other duties as required.
Experience working with individuals with special
needs or Autism is preferred. Leadership skills
are an asset, as well as Disability Support Worker certificate or equivalent.
Some post secondary education is an asset.
Training will be provided.
Police Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
Valid driver’s license and vehicle are required.
PLEASE PROVIDE THREE REFERENCES ON YOUR
Please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
1. Why are you interested in working with adults with autism?
2. Are you prepared to work with individuals who may have aggressive or challenging behaviours? How would you respond to these behaviours?
3. Are you prepared to assist adults with personal care such as bathing, toileting, feeding and dressing? What experience do you have in this area?
Wages range from $14.60-$17.88 depending on position.
Skills and Abilities Security and Safety
– Criminal record check (abstract)
– Own vehicle
Type of Clientele
– Persons with an intellectual disability
– Continuous learning
– Computer use
– Critical thinking
– Decision making
– Problem solving
– Working with others
– Oral communication
– Document use
– Aid clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
– Administer medications
– Assist clients in water (i.e. pool)
– Launder clothing and household linens
– Perform light housekeeping and cleaning
– Prepare, cook and serve meals
– Provide personal care
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
– Not required
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-13