OverviewSupervisor, Food Bank Contract in Lower Mainland, BC
Branch Lower Mainland BC CA
Supervisor, Food Bank
Lower Mainland, BC
Ensure smooth delivery of weekly food bank service at 3 locations; Roxann MacDonald, Director of Programs & Services….
Temporary Full-time, 35 hours per week
Date: August 13, 2015
Posting #: 2015-24
This is an HSA Bargaining Unit Position and requires Union membership.
This position is open to male and female applicants.
Classification / Salary: Program Coordinator II, Grid Level 14, $21.43 – $24.95 per hour
Hours of Work: Monday from 11:30 – 7:00 pm, Tuesday to Friday from 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Start / End date: Immediately / Upon return of incumbent
Summary of Duties:
- Recruit, orient, direct and supervise staff and volunteers for the Food Bank and Christmas Programs;
- Review and monitor service to ensure that program goals and outcomes are being met and appropriate service is being provided;
- Ensure smooth delivery of weekly food bank service at 3 locations;
- Ensure equipment and work site is maintained and appropriate to the work being done;
- Plan and implement Christmas programs to distribute toys and food to community residents and to facilitate the participation of the community to support this activity;
- Maintain appropriate and timely documentation and service information system tracking;
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with donors and collateral community groups. This may include participation in committee or other community organizational work.
- Bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis on volunteer and / or systems management;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience related to business operations in the social services, including working with volunteers. Minimum 1 year supervisory experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to understand and to work effectively with volunteers;
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills;
- Administrative expertise, including database management skills.
Forward resume & cover letter stating job title and posting #2015 – 24 to:
Roxann MacDonald, Director of Programs & Services
Closing Date: August 22, 2015
SHARE is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of visible minorities.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Surrey, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17