OverviewSuperior Propane Project Manager Contract in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Effectively apply Project Management methodology and enforce project standards; Hold status meetings with project team, and effectively communicate relevant…
Superior Propane is a Canadian icon that has been in business since 1951, and is Canada’s only national provider of portable fuels, equipment, and service delivered locally to customers in more communities than any other propane company. We are dedicated to enhancing residential, commercial and industrial customer value with unique energy solutions that include leading technical and safety expertise, and professional equipment sales, installation and maintenance. We are committed to surpassing your expectations by delivering best in class customer service and turnkey solutions for all your energy and service needs. Superior Propane employs over 1100 employees and delivers over 1.1 billion litres of propane annually. Recently Superior Propane acquired Canwest Propane and is currently working on the integration activities to combine Canwest into Superior Propane.
We are currently seeking a seasoned Project Manager on a contract basis from January to October 2018. This person will lead the Canwest integration cut-over activities on integrating the operations of Canwest with Superior Propane. The integration will occur in a phased approach during the spring and summer of 2018. There are currently 4 phases that need to be planned and executed. The successful candidate should have a proven track record in managing a variety of projects in medium to large enterprises.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate for Canwest integration cut-over tasks;
- Ensure cut-over plan is updated for lessons learned and repeatable for subsequent roll-out waves;
- Actively manage project scope and changes to scope, schedule, cost, and risks;
- Actively manage stakeholders’ and project members’ performance and accountabilities through a combination of tactful persuasion, facilitation, leadership, assertiveness, and enthusiasm;
- Identify resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities;
- Develop status updates for stakeholders and Manager;
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope;
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to stakeholders;
- Effectively apply Project Management methodology and enforce project standards;
- Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures;
- Surface and minimize project risks;
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Facilitate team and user meetings effectively, and manage conflict amongst team members and stakeholders to successful resolution;
- Hold status meetings with project team, and effectively communicate relevant project information as necessary;
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations;
- Resolve and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion;
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- 7 – 10 years project management experience in large to medium organizations
- A mature, sharp, well organized, structured self-starter who readily accepts and adopts guidance, but requires little hand-holding and is generally “low maintenance”
- A people-friendly, socially well-disposed individual with customer service orientation who can lead and persuade people, hold them to account, and manage conflict with tact and without damaging relationships and attitudes
- Strong communication and presentation skills, able to persuade and “sell” team, stakeholders, and management. Comfortable in the boardroom interacting at a business level with VP and senior management
- Project and delivery experience with any of the major Systems Integrators, such as IBM Global Services, Accenture, Deloitte, CSC, etc., is a strong asset. Some experience working in large, sophisticated, process driven businesses is a strong asset
- Excellent project management, process design, and organizational skills
- Familiar with traditional project management as well as agile project management
- Ability to actively promote a culture of cooperation between different teams
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited University, MBA preferred
- PMI or PRINCE 2 certification is desirable
- Willingness to travel as required to Ontario and Western Canadian provinces as necessary.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10