Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-04-04
Sunwing Vacations Inc. Human Resources Generalist Full Time in Toronto, ON
Sunwing Vacations Inc.
Branch Toronto ON CA
Human Resources Generalist
Bachelors or better in Human Resource Administration. Post-Secondary education and a degree/certificate in Human Resources Management….
The Human Resources Generalist will support the Human Resources team through dealing with employee relations, ensuring policies are adhered to and supporting the Sunwing Management team. This position will report to the Senior Human Resources Manager.
- Provide HR support in the areas of employee relations, performance management by coaching and providing guidance
- Consult with management regarding performance issues, progressive discipline/corrective action up to including termination
- Participate in the development and maintenance of HR policies and procedures; provides interpretation as necessary; makes suggestions and recommendations on any revisions
- Work closely with the Managers of each department to conduct investigations
- Following up with regards to all Employee Incident/Injury forms and working proactively toward a healthy and safe environment for all employees
- Working closely with all Provincial disability management programs (WSIB, WCB, CSST)
- Consults with managers and associates in the resolution of conflict situations in a manner that promotes a positive, equitable and results oriented culture
- Work directly with Managers to attract and retain staff
- Complete all recruitment and selection from employee – management level positions
- Co-ordinate and manage terminations, ensuring applicable Provincial legislative requirements are met
- Work closely with the Payroll department on any payroll related issues and ensure a timely resolution
- Other special projects as requested
- 5 years in a Human Resources role with exposure to all facets of HR, with a focus on Employee Relations
- Post-Secondary education and a degree/certificate in Human Resources Management
- Strong people skills with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels
- Ability to inspire, motivate, educate and empower others in a positive and productive team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational, leadership, researching and planning skills
- Detail oriented, including the ability to manage multiple tasks
- French and Spanish language an asset
- CHRP designation an asset
ENVIRONMENT AND SCOPE:
- Fast paced, deadline oriented work environment.
- Open concept office environment
- Ability to work independently or as a team player
Bachelors or better in Human Resource Administration.
Certified HR Professional