OverviewSunwing Aircraft Maintenance Technician Full Time in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Carry-out all scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance as assigned by the Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor or assigned ACA….
The Aircraft Maintenance Technician is to maintain Sunwing Airlines aircraft and equipment in a safe and efficient manner thereby providing a good product to the Sunwing Travel Group. This position will work out of Toronto and report to the Aircraft Maintenance Manager.
- Carry-out all scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance as assigned by the Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor or assigned ACA.
- Ensure condition and safety of all Sunwing tools and equipment
- Maintain the general housekeeping of all Sunwing work spaces
- Carry out the maintenance on Company aircraft consistent with standards of airworthiness and the quality requirements of this MCM
- Carry out the aircraft check packages
- Ensure that all tooling required for each individual assigned task are in a satisfactory condition and within its calibrations date
- Maintain the upkeep and stock levels of all company property and offices
- Communicate through the Aircraft Maintenance Certifying Engineer to the Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor the status of their assigned aircraft throughout their shift
- Work with other Aircraft Maintenance Apprentices throughout their assigned duties on shift
- Additionally a program of orientation, review , and assignments will be implemented to assist in ensuring that the apprentice individuals are exposed to the different departments and multitude of ATA items with the goal of bringing the apprentices up to a level of confidence in an efficient manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have valid Transport Canada Accredited Aircraft Maintenance Technician training.
- Must hold a valid Transport Canada Radio (Aeronautical) Certificate.
- Boeing 737NG Endorsement an asset.
- Must hold a valid driver’s licence.
- Must be able to acquire a Restricted Airside Identification Card (RAIC)
- Must be able to acquire a Driver Airside permit (D/A)
- Must display adequate knowledge to the Aircraft Maintenance Manager of industry practices and understanding of the responsibilities associated with this position.
- If previous Boeing experience must show basic knowledge of use of My Boeing Fleet and use of AMM, IPC, SRM, CMM in whatever form used in the past.
- Show basic knowledge of how MCM, and TPM (or similar) are part of the guidelines for job.
- Indicate basic knowledge of MCC concept.
- Able to discuss basic knowledge of sheet metal, avionics, and ground handling principles.
- Able to discuss good “hands on” practices and procedures that have been used in the past.
ENVIRONMENT AND SCOPE:
- Deadline oriented work environment
- Fast paced, deadline oriented work environment.
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your application by August 8, 2017. We thank all that apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
At Sunwing our employees are the difference. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Sunwing may provide reasonable accommodations, accessible formats and communication supports upon request to persons with disabilities who take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-08-01