OverviewSunrise Farms Sales Representative Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Must be able to travel overnight 2-3 times per month. Develop and grow the Sunrise Farms customer base through cold calling leading to new customer acquisition….
Title: Sales Representative
Location: Calgary, AB
Reports to: Senior Sales & Business Development Manager
About Sunrise Farms
At Sunrise Farms, we produce a wide variety of raw, ready to cook and fully cooked fresh and frozen poultry and meat products for retail, foodservice and commercial customers. In 1983 the humble beginning of one small processing facility in the city of Surrey, a suburb of Vancouver, British Columbia has now grown to serve a wide range of customers, both domestically and internationally. Today with over 1,300 employees, our Canadian family owned and operated businesses produce quality food products from 6 different processing plants located in B.C., Alberta and Ontario.
About the Opportunity
As one of Canada’s fastest growing food manufacturers we are in a search for a dynamic individual to fill a unique position within our Sales Team. This role will appeal to a progressive individual in search of a career where they are not simply executing someone else’s plans. As a team member at Sunrise Farms you always aim to operate with an entrepreneurial spirit, integrity and a personal drive to make a difference every day. We are offering an exciting and challenging opportunity in a fast paced marketplace with a respected industry leader.
Sunrise Farms has an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, driven sales professional with sales experience in the food/beverage industry to manage existing customer accounts and develop new retail and foodservice customers in the Alberta region. This successful candidate will be responsible for managing the sales activity with existing customers through regular contact over the phone and in person. Identifying and pursuing sales opportunities both independently and via broad line distributors is also required.
Working in a home office environment, you will be trusted to do your job and work fairly autonomously. Your responsibilities will include:
- The successful candidate will ensure that our customer base is receiving the highest level of sales support and that growth opportunities are identified and pursued.
- Develop and grow the Sunrise Farms customer base through cold calling leading to new customer acquisition.
- Identify and maximize sales opportunities through our retail and distributor partners.
- Act as a resource providing valuable product knowledge and application ideas to existing and potential customers.
- Prepare and present regular business reviews to customers.
- Communicate internally amongst various Sunrise Farms functional departments including Production/Distribution, Finance, Operations and Sales Management to ensure customer needs are met while efficiency is maintained.
- Develop and implement a schedule for customer contact and capitalize on opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you will have previous outside sales experience in the food & beverage industry, and be organized, analytical and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- University or College Degree or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Strong selling & interpersonal skills as well as critical thinking and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals.
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Experience in customer relationship management software.
- Ability to work under pressure and establish priorities.
- Must be able to travel overnight 2-3 times per month.
To be successful in this role, you will need to bring your entrepreneurial spirit, drive, attention to detail as well as a high level of self-motivation and initiative. Furthermore, you must be adaptable and able to bring projects to full completion without close supervision.
This is a great opportunity to join one of Canada’s largest poultry producers and discover big challenges and big opportunities.
Sunrise Farms believes in hard work, passion, fun and sharing of ideas. Every member of the team is valued and recognized for their contributions to the overall success of the team. This opportunity could lead to other opportunities for you in a number of different areas.
To support their goal of building and retaining a great team, Sunrise Farms offers a competitive compensation package including Salary, Company Car and benefits, with opportunities for growth.
If you are looking for a great opportunity to work hard, make a difference and expand your career with a growing organization, Apply Today.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-24