OverviewSunrise Credit Union Loans Clerk – Ste Rose Full Time in St. Rose, NS
Sunrise Credit Union
Branch St. Rose NS CA
Loans Clerk – Ste Rose
St. Rose, NS
May prepare and register securities, initiate government subsidy and insurance reports and payments, calculate payouts and settlements, process funds and loan…
B asic F unction
Under general supervision, performs a variety of administrative functions associated with the creation and maintenance of member loan files. The position administers and processes loan documentation, identifies and prepares related documentation and inputs information into PC software applications and banking system. May prepare and register securities, initiate government subsidy and insurance reports and payments, calculate payouts and settlements, process funds and loan payments, and provide member service with regard to loan inquiries.
L oan P rocessing F unction
- May receive loan or mortgage application, transfer document from Lender and review instructions on check list
- May review conditions of loan as they related to consumer, mortgage, commercial or agricultural lending (i.e., amortization period, interest rates, open/closed, fixed/variable, conventional/collateral).
- May on confirmation of loan approvals, prepare input forms, loan transfer form (if automatic payment) and may advance loans to member account and/or primary orders on completion of signing.
- May verify search on collateral security, register appropriate security documents (personal property registry land titles document registration).
P rocessing of N ew M ortgages
- May upon receipt of registered document and request for mortgage funds, review opinion letter and all enclosures as pertains to the following:
- Prepare change for interest adjustment date if applicable.
- Verify that copy of appraisal has been received and appraisal invoice paid. Verify life insurance waiver or application complete.
P rocessing of T ransfer M ortgages
- May prepare memorandum of agreement and transfer of mortgage – based on terms negotiated by Lender and Member.
- May on receipt of authorized memorandum from Lender, forward monies and transfer of mortgage document to appropriate financial institution.
- If tax payment included, advise appropriate municipality by letter.
- Verify that copy of appraisal has been received and appraisal invoice paid. Verify life insurance wavier or application completed.
P rocessing of C ommercial & A gricultural
- May review loan documentation for completion, input information provided by Lender to computer software.
- May return file and printed documents and schedules to Lender for approvals and/or signatures.
- May input to on-line computer system, changes to credit terms and non-monetary information and verify computer reports.
A dministrative F unction
- Advance all loans to member accounts on completion of signing as instructed by Lender.
- On receipt of final documentation do internal audit function for endorsement.
- File all endorsed loan information in central filing system.
- Administer Insurance, Member Life and Disability Program including the following:
a. Verify records to general ledger report by inquiring on GL account.
b. Prepare and balance month end report on insurance premiums collected and calculate commission.
- Provide back up to lenders and/or Co-ordinator on completion and balancing of in-house accounts (i.e., Central reports, daily exception report, administration fee account and preparation of payment of property taxes).
- Perform general filing duties and maintain Central filing system and perform other clerical duties as required.
- Portray a good sense of teamwork and establish team relationships with other staff members by displaying willingness to assist others and contribute to team goals by offering ideas and suggestions in a positive manner.
- May review daily paid loans including PPR discharges and Land Title discharges.
- Prepare instruction letter and security documents for registering securities at Land Titles and PPR and forward information to credit union solicitor (ie. caveats, mortgages).
- Ensure payments of Property Taxes are made.
- Other duties as necessary under direction of your branch manager/immediate supervisor.
We thank all those who apply, but only those interviewed will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saint Rose, NS, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04