OverviewSuncor Energy Mine Entry Supervisor Full Time in Fort McMurray, AB
Branch Fort McMurray AB CA
Mine Entry Supervisor
Fort McMurray, AB
Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:….
Reporting to the Mine Entry & Infrastructure Manager, the Mine Entry Supervisor is responsible for issuing and controlling safe work permits and vehicle operating authorizations in Mine Operations.
- Maintain the integrity of the Mine Permitting process in Mine Operations
- Communicate permitted work areas to mine supervision
- Eliminate or control any risks or hazards to permitting work
- Ensure the Suncor and contract employees follow procedures, standards, rules and work practices
- Issue and control vehicle operating authorization
- Continually monitor the compliance to the Mine entry standard through work place observations
- Maintain and audit Safe Work Permits
- Complete investigations in area of responsibility
- Permit heavy loads and assist with permitting of non-standard loads crossing the Athabasca bridge
- Schedule lane closing on the Athabasca bridge
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Education and Experience:
- Completed the OSSA Oil Sands Permit System course
- Grade 12 or high school GED is a minimum educational requirement
- Exposure to permits in oil sands industry
Skills and Knowledge:
- Competent and knowledgeable in oil sands mine area and equipment to be worked on/in
- Knowledgeable on relevant standards, procedures, and legislative regulations pertaining to the work to be done
- Ability to be a liaison with contractors and management in time sensitive, high demand situation.
- Ability to multitask
- This position will require shift work; 3 days, 3 nights, and 6 off
- Location is the Steepbank Mine Complex on our base plant site, 34km north of Fort McMurray
- Relocation to Fort McMurray is mandatory for this position
- We offer highly competitive housing/rental assistance programs to eligible candidates
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you’re genuinely excited about – as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- competitive base salary and compensation programs
- attractive annual incentive program
- flexible benefits package
- rewarding pension and savings plans
Wondering if you and Suncor are the right fit? Hear what people at Suncor have to say about working here. Go ahead.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fort McMurray, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-24