OverviewSun Life Financial Digital Mail Services Associate – 6 month contract Temporary in Waterloo, ON
Sun Life Financial
Branch Waterloo ON CA
Digital Mail Services Associate – 6 month contract
Basic customer service ability. Digital Mail Services Associate – 6 month contract. By prepping and scanning the documents fully and correctly in a timely…
Digital Mail Services Associate – 6 month contract – TEM02906
The Digital Mail Services Associate plays a key role in ensuring effective digital imaging, data lifting and key completion of documents by scanning and indexing documents correctly and efficiently. The successful applicant will also provide customer satisfaction by ensuring that physical mail which cannot be scanned is sorted appropriately for routing to appropriate areas.
On a regular basis, this role will rotate between operating a scanner and performing data entry.
- As the last person to work with the physical document, the associate plays a key role in ensuring effective data lift and key completion by scanning each document correctly
- By effectively sorting documents, the associate helps streamline claims to the appropriate area, reducing potential re-work
- By prepping and scanning the documents fully and correctly in a timely manner, the associate contributes to meeting service levels agreements between Canadian Document Services and the Health & Dental claims area
- The associate also provides customer satisfaction by ensuring that all documents received are handled safely and expedited to the appropriate departments in a timely manner
- As the first person to work with the digitized image, the associate plays a key role in ensuring proper classification and correct key completion of data on claim forms and receipts
- Through key completion/indexing, the associate is responsible for ensuring data is lifted completely and correctly, and entering key data that could not be lifted
- By completing these tasks correctly and in a timely manner, the associate has a direct impact on the quality of the output to customers, whose claims may be auto-adjudicated based on the data entered. Also, reduced errors in the process will lessen the number of claims which require manual intervention by the Health & Dental claims area, which will in turn increase the efficiency of the process and reduce costs.
By reporting issues, gaps and opportunities to the supervisor, the associate ensures that each document received is handled with caution and due diligence.
From time to time, the associate may be required to perform other duties, including but not limited to:
- Material handling, including the distribution of mail to scanner operators, document retrieval, and processing interdepartmental requests
- Advanced document sorting and classification, including the preparation of dental claims for review by Dental Specialists
- Retrieve e-faxes from the Group Benefits Fax database, match the e-faxes to Service Requests generated by the Customer Care Centre, and route the attached e-faxes to the H&D claims area
- Letter creation
The associate is required to handle all administrative tasks, such as eLearning modules and HR assignments, responsibly, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Collaborates effectively with other team members and other departments
- Communicates confidently both verbally and in writing in English and French
- Focuses on the customer
- Takes accountability
- Understands our business and how our processes affect the Group Benefits line of business as a whole.
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Experience with Lotus Notes, Ultera, Citrix/Kofax is an asset
- Basic customer service ability
- Intermediate time management skills
- Intermediate multi-tasking ability
- Excellent keyboarding and computer skills
- Able to work within structured supervisory guidelines
- Able to maintain a high level of productivity, accuracy and attention to detail at all times
- Able to recognize opportunities to initiate change that will increase the department’s efficiency .
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to quickly learn new tasks
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment of multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines
- Able to work independently with minimum direction and frequent interruptions
- RCMP security checks (including two valid photo ID’s, fingerprinting) required
- Digital Mail Services operates Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- The role involves tasks which are of a repetitive nature
- The role involves working in a dusty environment
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job : Temporary Employee
Primary Location : CA-ON-Waterloo – Sun Life Financial Waterloo
227 King Street South
Waterloo N2J 4C5
Employee Status : Temporary – Full-time
Unposting Date : Oct 2, 2015, 10:59:00 PM
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Waterloo, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23