OverviewStrathcona County Administrative Support Assistant I (Temporary, REVISED) Full Time in Sherwood Park, AB
Branch Sherwood Park AB CA
Administrative Support Assistant I (Temporary, REVISED)
Sherwood Park, AB
Manages CPIA web content, updating the internal and external websites. This position provides administrative assistance to the Corporate Planning and…
Job Description This position provides administrative assistance to the Corporate Planning and Intergovernmental Affairs department for the purpose of ensuring effective and efficient day to day office functions.
- Maintains Strathcona County’s Online Research Panel ( ORP ) presence on the external website; ensures the ORP presence is kept current, monitors usage of the ORP
- Extracts and populate data from the ORP for future business use in relevant departments
- Monitors performance of ORP software and ensures it is operating with the current version
- Provides administrative support to CPIA branches; assisting with workload requirements/deadlines including typing routine correspondence, and other projects as required
- Acting as back-up for payroll entry, reports to council and working in escribe
- Manages CPIA web content, updating the internal and external websites.
- Manages public engagement booking tools (iPads, kiosks & table top stands)
- Acts as Records Representative as required to help ensure the department complies with corporate policy
- Manages the meeting room and iPad calendars and schedules meetings and makes travel arrangements
- Distributes mail, processes courier shipments and assists with print shop requests
- Orders and maintains office and kitchen supplies and coordinates the maintenance of office and lunchroom equipment
- Provides administrative assistance to the Communications department by assisting with daily news clips, directing info inquiries, social media monitoring, mails outs and name tags
Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Sound knowledge of general office procedures and office equipment
- General knowledge of Strathcona County’s JD Edwards RIS system
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to recognize and discretely handle sensitive and confidential matters
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete tasks utilizing all resources with tight deadlines while ensuring attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work in a diverse environment and embrace change
- Maintain standards of conduct, be respectful, flexible, demonstrate sound work ethics, be consistent and fair, and dedication to the position
- An aptitude for learning new software
- High School Diploma with at least one year of related administrative experience
- Office Administration program would be considered an asset
- Experience working in a Corporate Municipal environment would be considered an asset
- Experience with Microsoft programs including Word, EBRT Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
The salary for this temporary full-time position is $40,568 to $50,723, working 35 hours per week until approximately February 28, 2018.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition 030-2017- EXT-CPIA closes February 12, 2017
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We contact only candidates selected for interviews.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Sherwood Park, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10