OverviewSTOCKKEEPER (TRANSIT) in Kitchener, ON
Region of Waterloo
Branch Kitchener ON CA
requirement planning, as well as knowledge of inventory management within the automotive industry, normally acquired through the attainment of a Grade 12…
P erforms stockkeeper duties associated with the procurement of stock and non-stock transit parts, materials and supplies for the transit maintenance operation, including distributing parts, monitoring fuel and oil inventories, maintaining the computerized inventory system, and documenting all stockroom transactions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required :
- Knowledge of math, inventory components including turnovers, cycle inventory, buffer stock, lead time, carrying costs and material requirement planning, as well as knowledge of inventory management within the automotive industry, normally acquired through the attainment of a Grade 12 education, plus 2 years directly related transit or truck/equipment stockroom experience in a computerized environment.
- Working knowledge of Regional policies and procedures, spills management, and relevant regulations (e.g., Liquid Fuels Regulation of the Technical Standards & Safety Act (TSSA), Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act).
- Must be able to obtain fork lift truck operation certification.
- Computer skills with the ability to use software such as FMS and Lotus Notes.
- Must provide and acceptable Police Records Check in order to prove bondability.
- A valid class G’ driver’s licence and acceptable driving record are required in order to operate a Regional vehicle.
- Ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- Ability to read and comprehend auto parts and other manuals to determine parts needed and identify part numbers; as well as an ability to proofread and verify computer input data.
- Ability to prepare letters/correspondence associated with transactions with suppliers and other Regional sections. Ability to complete requisition forms and inventory control surveys and keep a daily record of parts dispensed.
- Ability to exchange parts information and place orders with a variety of parts suppliers; to answer, respond to, or redirect telephone inquiries; to comprehend part/bus descriptions from mechanics, using varied and inconsistent terminology, to determine parts required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Transit staff and participate as an effective team member.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact Human Resources Reception at phone number (519-575-4757 ext. 3527), TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.
Please apply online, before 11:59 PM on Sep 16, 2014 quoting competition number 2014-1518 , or send your resume to: The Regional Municipality of Waterloo, Human Resources, 150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Kitchener, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-11