OverviewSTERILE PROCESSING AIDE in Fort St John, BC
Branch Fort St John BC CA
STERILE PROCESSING AIDE
Fort St John, BC
The main industries are agriculture, forestry, natural gas, construction and trucking. Under general supervision, reporting to the SPD Lead and/ or Surgical…
Under general supervision, reporting to the SPD Lead and/ or Surgical Services Lead; performs routine duties in the Sterile Processing Department and Surgical Services Department including care and sterilization of instruments, reprocessing of flexible endoscopes and management of equipment and supplies. Sterile Processing Aides monitor the sterilization process in the autoclaves, cleaning process for flexible endoscopes, prepares case carts and are responsible for the instrument sets to the OR.
– Grade 12, successful completion of Sterile Supply Processing course, plus one (1) year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
– Knowledge of surgical and medical terminology.
– Mathematical aptitude.
– Ability to communicate and deal effectively with others.
– Ability to operate related equipment
– Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
– Ability to organize work.
FORT ST. JOHN COMMUNITY
Fort St. John is known as “The Energetic City,” which reflects the large resource base of oil, natural gas, forestry and agriculture, and the vitality of their residents who are keen to live and work in a community that gives back so much. Fort St. John sits high above the spectacular Peace River Valley, Northwest of Dawson Creek and Southeast of Fort Nelson, where endless patchwork quilts of cropland melt into the horizon. Serving an area population of 69,000, Fort St. John is the hub of the Northeast with a new cultural center and library, theatre and art space. The main industries are agriculture, forestry, natural gas, construction and trucking.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Fort St John, BC, CA
Posted on: 2014-10-19