OverviewSTEMCELL Technologies Process Engineer Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Provide training and engineering support to manufacturing team. BSc Engineering degree with a minimum 5 years’ industrial pharmaceutical experience (cGMPs)….
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 800 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
Currently we have an opening for a Process Engineer to join an energetic multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists in the Process Development and Engineering department in Vancouver. The Process engineer will primarily focus on the execution of capital projects and process development projects, and will be a major contributor to technology transfer to new manufacturing sites.
- Contribute to a new manufacturing site project from design, through construction, commissioning, validation and start-up
- Lead the design, specification, procurement, commissioning and qualification of process equipment
- Lead engineering aspects associated with technology transfer from Research and Development to Manufacturing and Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs)
- Correlate engineering theory with the results of experiment, physical testing and numerical modeling in order to provide well characterized equipment and standardized processes with established design space
- Plan, execute and supervise process trials in laboratories and pilot plants to optimize the manufacturing process
- Implement process controls and devise test methods to assess the production process
- Reduce costs by investigating alternative materials and equipment to improve efficiency, quality and yields in bottleneck areas
- Provide training and engineering support to manufacturing team
- Support daily production and assist in troubleshooting processes and equipment
- Write technical reports, equipment design specifications and protocols compliant with STEMCELL’s quality management system
- Utilize industry practices such as LEAN, Six Sigma and Project Management methodologies
- BSc Engineering degree with a minimum 5 years’ industrial pharmaceutical experience (cGMPs)
- At least 2 years of experience in a sterile manufacturing environment
- Excellent understanding of pharmaceutical manufacturing, aseptic technologies, scale-up and process validation
- Demonstrated experience in equipment design and qualification
- Must be highly motivated, have excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, be highly independent, and have effective organizational and verbal and written communication skills
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities. If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please apply here .
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24