Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2016-09-08
Start.ca Engineering Technician Full Time in London, ON
Branch London ON CA
Respond to stakeholders and/or project manager questions, before and after completion of the project. Graduate of a recognized civil or electrical university or…
Start.ca is currently looking for a full-time Engineering Technician to join our team. As an Engineering Technician, you will be responsible for the analysis of pole loading and attachment heights of telecommunications and power utility cables and wires in reference to applicable safety codes.
Who is Start.ca?
- We are a telecommunications company located in London, ON that provides internet and phone solutions.
- We are devoted to delivering world class customer experiences on each and every customer interaction.
- At Start.ca we live by our core values of accountability, professional integrity and building collaborative relationships.
- We have a dynamic, reputable, and FUN company culture – It’s what brings our employees here and what keeps them here.
- As we grow, we want our employees to grow with us, through our opportunities for career
What You Will Be Doing:
- Analyse job requirements and understand technical scope of the job.
- Analyse existing utility information from photos and survey sketches.
- Implementation of civil building code and utilities placements.
- Development and sign off on road drawings for barred cable placement.
- Provide modifications for AutoCad drawings as required by the analysis.
- Validate and ensure correctness and completeness of profile drawings.
- Fully understand applicable safety codes including ESA 22/04 and CSA 22.3 No. 1-15.
- Model poles in SPIDACalc structural analysis software making required recommendations.
- Apply engineering principles and suggest solutions and recommendations accordingly.
- Prepare required documentation of pre-construction modifications.
- Respond to stakeholders and/or project manager questions, before and after completion of the project.
- Work closely with staff at various levels to ensure projects are carried out in an efficient and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Successful Candidate Has:
- Graduate of a recognized civil or electrical university or college program.
- OACETT member or eligibility for membership is an asset.
- Knowledge of construction building code and utilities guidelines.
- Experience with AutoCAD in a civil/municipal based environment.
- Telecommunications engineering and design experience is an asset.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage time to complete multiple tasks.
How to Apply:
- Send your resume and portfolio by e-mail.
- Please put “Posting #092016 Engineering Technician in the subject line of your email.
- Posting will remain open until the end of day September 26th, 2016.
Job Type: Full-time