OverviewStars Development Officer, Major Gifts (1.0 FTE) Full Time in Saskatoon, SK
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
Development Officer, Major Gifts (1.0 FTE)
Participate actively as a member an integrated development team. The Development Officer (DO) works to ensure STARS fundraising goals are met by enhancing…
The Development Officer (DO) works to ensure STARS fundraising goals are met by enhancing relationships with major donors and prospects. This individual is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts to the foundation, with the goal of achieving $1,500,000 or more each year. This will include identification of new prospects as well as growing current donor relationships.
• Meet financial objectives and achieve long-term fund-raising goals of the major gift portfolio
• Demonstrate the ability to secure five to six figure gifts
• Preparation and delivery of high quality proposals, presentations and other communication materials to donors and prospective donors
• Develop and implement comprehensive plans for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding gifts for the assigned donor portfolio, including upgrading existing donors
• Accountable for establishing and maintaining professional and productive relationships with key volunteers and donors, and other organizational supporters
• Strong decision making, problem solving and research skills
• Maintain accurate, professional and current Raiser’s Edge records, actions, and reports
• Maintain a high degree of motivation and superior work ethic consistent with the employment philosophy of the Foundation
• Participate actively as a member an integrated development team
STARS is fast paced and exciting place to work, and the Development Officer, Major Gifts will thrive in this type of environment as an enthusiastic and energetic team member. Attention to detail, customer service ethic and communication strength is essential. Microsoft Office knowledge and experience are required. Raiser’s Edge experience is considered an asset. The successful candidate will have a minimum of three to five years of similar experience with a proven track record.
We offer a competitive salary based on education and experience, as well as an excellent organization-paid benefit package with a matched RRSP program.
More importantly, you will be a key member of the STARS organization and a link in our ability to execute our mission of saving lives safely within the chain of survival.
To explore this opportunity further, please submit your resume to [email protected] Close date January 30, 2017.
While we thank everyone for their interest, we are only able to contact applicants selected for an interview. You are encouraged to watch for future opportunities by checking www.stars.ca
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24