OverviewStaples Web Application Developer Full Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Web Application Developer
A Web Application Developer has multi-site responsibilities supporting the Staples network of contact centers….
Staples is the world’s largest office products company and a trusted source for office solutions. The company provides products, services and expertise in office supplies, copy & print, technology, facilities and breakroom, and furniture. Staples invented the office superstore concept in 1986 and now has annual sales of $22 billion. With more than 70,000 associates worldwide, Staples operates in 26 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia, making it easy for businesses of all sizes, and consumers. The company is headquartered outside Boston. More information about Staples (NASDAQ: SPLS) is available at www.staples.com/media .
Part of the Staples Customer Service organization, the Application Development Team works closely with functional business users to identify process improvement needs. The team delivers applications so the business units may increase productivity and control information. A Web Application Developer has multi-site responsibilities supporting the Staples network of contact centers. This role designs, builds and manages applications for contact center needs, demonstrating expert abilities in application design and delivery.
- Create custom web pages, desktop (Windows) Automation Processes, Microsoft Access databases, SQL stored procedures, and desktop applications to support the efficiency and profitability goals of Staples Customer Service. Plan, design, develop, test and deploy data driven web and desktop applications using ASP.Net and MS SQL development tools. Utilize AJAX, AngularJS, Java script, CSS, HTML and VB.Net coding as needed to enhance application functionality and the end user experience.
- Meet with project stakeholders to gather and document requirements, create design documentation and mockups, coordinate user acceptance testing, and create training documentation for supported applications.
- Partner with Customer Service DBAs to design and implement transactional data models. Identify and develop various techniques to facilitate information storage. Build and maintain data interfaces and databases to automate and simplify processes. Ensure applications meet data accuracy, performance, usability, and functionality requirements.
- Possess knowledge of a variety of databases and applications used by the organization like ticket tracking, attendance,and call tracking. Demonstrate an understanding of the business metrics and data points. Your expertise will be from both a business and technical perspective.
- Use development best practices and migration procedures when building Web applications. Add and update application code, forms and files to Team Foundation Server as part of the Team’s Source code repository.
- Participate in and deliver results for ad-hoc, analysis, and web projects as assigned. Projects will require intermediate technology skills and contact with the Business Analysis and Project Services teams.
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests from customers.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
This role may be performed in the following locations: Aurora, CO; Halifax, Nova Scotia; and Florence, KY.
- Associate or Technical Degree or a minimum of 5 years working in an Information Technology discipline.
- 1 year of experience working with MS Access databases and Visual Basic (VBA) applications.
- 3 years of experience designing and creating web based applications using ASP.NET and Visual Studio.
- 1 year of experience building Automation for clients.
- 3 years of experience querying relational databases and working with transactional models. Successful experience building productive relationships with peers, DBAs, and other technology professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology studies.
- Communication skills that demonstrate confidence with technology and business process. Must be able to express complex technical concepts verbally and in writing.
- Flexibility and ability to juggle multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast paced, customer centric environment.
- Experience with building of ASP.net RESTful APIs
- Experience with AngularJS
- Experience supporting Web Servers running IIS and ASP.
- Experience developing stored procedures for data interfaces.
- Experience with call center technologies such as Avaya, Kana, Aspect, Moxie, etc.
- Knowledge of Contact Center business processes. Contact Center experience.
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology or JIRA
- Experience with Jama
- Experience with Jia or other Enterprise oriented desktop Automation
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-30