OverviewStaples Warehouse Associate I – Quality Control Part Time Permanent (11:30am-6pm) Part Time in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Warehouse Associate I – Quality Control Part Time Permanent (11:30am-6pm)
Over 10,000 Supply Chain & Logistics associates throughout North America deliver “easy” through the integration of process and technology….
With an extensive fulfillment and delivery network, we are able to deliver customer orders next day. Over 10,000 Supply Chain & Logistics associates throughout North America deliver “easy” through the integration of process and technology. We are continuing to invest in our people, capabilities and technology to deliver “Every product our customers need, when they want it, where they want it and how they want it.” Without a doubt, our Supply Chain differentiates us from our competitors.
We offer competitive wages along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick pay, company RRSP/DPSP, employee stock purchase plan and much, much more.
Please note: This position is based out of our Fulfillment Centre at 6450 Vipond Dr. in Mississauga.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Performs system and/or manual tasks to support inbound and outbound operations. Identifies and resolves issues in various functional areas; breakdown, put away, replenishment, QC, staging, loading, shipping. Monitors and maintains SKUs and locations in WMS to support efficient warehouse processing and maximize warehouse space usage. Performs work under the direction of warehouse lead, supervisor or manager.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs the following WMS processes to support inbound and outbound operations
- Receives vendor purchase orders; regular lines or special orders, or customer returns
- Generates replenishment tasks
- Resolves common daily discrepancies or issues
- Processes outbound orders as necessary
- Prioritizes and processes customer orders on night shift, ensuring truck departure timelines are met
- Performs variety of lookups and research to support each functional area
Performs the following non-system inbound and outbound tasks
- Separates and labels product received, stocks product into identified locations verifying SKU and quantity accuracy
- Picks and stocks product to complete replenishment tasks
- Picks product for customer orders ensuring quantity and unit-of-measure (UOM) picked is equal to quantity and UOM ordered
- Checks SKU and quantities picked for customer orders to ensure accuracy, and re-packages or wraps orders as needed
- Sorts and loads customer orders by route and stop sequence number identified on shipping label
Performs basic housekeeping in assigned areas of warehouse
Adheres to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties
Daily interaction with co-workers, Warehouse Management and Inventory Control
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employee may lift, lower, carry product up to a maximum of 50 pounds by hand. Require physical effort associated with using RF scanners to enter information. Must be able to read and hear verbal instructions or through a headset
- Works in a warehouse environment. While performing the duties of this job the employee may operate warehouse equipment. Using proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Proficiency in warehouse operations and WMS
- Product knowledge
- Math skills
- Good judgment
- Problem-solving skills
- Limited data entry skills
- Able to listen to verbal instructions
- Ability to recognize process improvement opportunities and make recommendations
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be dependable and demonstrate the ability to read and follow directions
- Must be a team player
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment
- Minimum three (3) months related experience in a warehouse environment; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience. Increased combination of equivalent combination of training, education and experience will determine appropriate role and pay scale within Warehouse Associate.
- Ability to become certified in the operation of warehouse equipment.
- Prior experience operating warehouse equipment, such as forklift and pallet jack helpful
- High school diploma preferred, but not required. Need to have good math, writing and reading skills
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-12