Staples Warehouse Associate I – Order Picker Part Time (3pm-8pm) Part Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Warehouse Associate I – Order Picker Part Time (3pm-8pm)
Our extensive portfolio of opportunities span from traditional inventory, fulfillment and delivery to specialized strategy, automation, engineering, analytics,…
We collaborate and innovate…
Our North American Supply Chain network brings technology and people together in innovative ways to deliver state–of–the–art products, services, and expertise. Our extensive portfolio of opportunities span from traditional inventory, fulfillment and delivery to specialized strategy, automation, engineering, analytics, leadership, and logistics. Our diverse network paired with a continued commitment to and investment in our people, process, platforms and the communities in which we live and serve are the foundation on which we build our bright future.
If you are interested in leveraging your talents to drive innovation, customer satisfaction, market growth, personal development and industry change in a dynamic team work environment-please explore the opportunities within our world class Supply Chain team!
We offer competitive wages along with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick pay, company RRSP/DPSP, and much more.
Please Note: This position is based out of our Fulfillment Centre at 200 Discovery Place in Winnipeg.
Performs system and/or manual tasks to support inbound and outbound operations. Identifies and resolves issues in various functional areas; breakdown, put away, replenishment, QC, staging, loading, shipping. Monitors and maintains SKUs and locations in WMS to support efficient warehouse processing and maximize warehouse space usage. Performs work under the direction of warehouse lead, supervisor or manager.
- Performs the following WMS processes to support inbound and outbound operations.
- Receives vendor purchase orders; regular lines or special orders, or customer returns.
- Generates replenishment tasks.
- Resolves common daily discrepancies or issues.
- Processes outbound orders as necessary.
- Prioritizes and processes customer orders on night shift, ensuring truck departure timelines are met.
- Performs variety of lookups and research to support each functional area.
- Performs the following non-system inbound and outbound tasks.
- Separates and labels product received, stocks product into identified locations verifying SKU and quantity accuracy.
- Picks and stocks product to complete replenishment tasks.
- Picks product for customer orders ensuring quantity and unit-of-measure (UOM) picked is equal to quantity and UOM ordered.
- Checks SKU and quantities picked for customer orders to ensure accuracy, and re-packages or wraps orders as needed.
- Sorts and loads customer orders by route and stop sequence number identified on shipping label.
- Performs basic housekeeping in assigned areas of warehouse
- Adheres to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties
- Daily interaction with co-workers, Warehouse Management and Inventory Control
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum three (3) months related experience in a warehouse environment; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience.
- Ability to become certified in the operation of warehouse equipment. Prior experience operating warehouse equipment, such as forklift and pallet jack helpful.
- Need to have good math, writing and reading skills.
- Proficiency in warehouse operations and WMS
- Product knowledge
- Math skills
- Good judgment
- Problem-solving skills
- Limited data entry skills
- Able to listen to verbal instructions
- Ability to recognize process improvement opportunities and make recommendations
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be dependable and demonstrate the ability to read and follow directions
- Must be a team player
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employee may lift, lower, carry product up to a maximum of 50 pounds by hand. Require physical effort associated with using RF scanners to enter information. Must be able to read and hear verbal instructions or through a headset.
- Works in a warehouse environment. While performing the duties of this job the employee may operate warehouse equipment. Using proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer and an accommodation will be provided during the hiring process if requested.