OverviewStaples Promotional Products Reporting Analyst, Contract (Vaughan) Part Time in Vaughan, ON
Branch Vaughan ON CA
Promotional Products Reporting Analyst, Contract (Vaughan)
Ability to conduct in-depth business and data analysis and to effectively communicate the results. Supporting senior managers with business intelligence;…
Staples Promotional Products (SPP) is the world’s most trusted source for branded solutions because we make promotional products easy. We are committed to providing outstanding service and exceptional value by being your business partner in brand development. That’s why companies large and small, all over the world, turn to us for the resources they need to increase brand reach and visibility.
Leading the industry with over 65 years of experience, Staples Promotional Products has financial strength and global partnerships that ensure we can deliver your custom order on time and at the best possible price. We are dedicated to helping your business.
The Reporting Analyst will be responsible for gathering data and creating reports related to the core business performance metrics. This includes both internal reporting for various management members and external clients. Along with the Reporting Analyst role, the incumbent will also be overseeing AR and general accounting duties. Responsible for: ensuring data is presented in a clear and actionable way; supporting managers and clients with information that assists their decision making; supporting senior managers with business intelligence; and enhancing the process of reporting on business performance.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Function as a support to our Reporting & Finance teams.
- Prepare performance and summary billing reports for key stakeholders including management and external clients.
- Respond to incoming Ad hoc report requests and facilitate the development of clear reporting requirements.
- Responsible for database design, administration, security, and maintenance.
- Support various teams with proactive reporting to feed decision making and to assist with new product initiatives.
- Monitor the data integrity of data collection systems.
- Contact customers to secure payment information, address disputes and/or provide necessary backup and documentation as required until full debt is closed.
- Build working relationships with internal departments to resolve customer disputes in a timely manner.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Preparation of daily and monthly journal entries
- Maintenance of assigned sub-ledgers (e.g. Bank, A/R) and monthly reconciliation of the sub-ledger to the general ledger
- Providing assistance to Accounting Manager and other team members in the review of operations and any other ad-hoc reports and requests
- Various other duties as required.
- Intermediate experience working with MS Access
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint, advanced level
- Intermediate experience using Business Intelligence/Data Mining tools (Crystal Reports, LogiXML).
- Working knowledge of SQL, Databases
- Expertise with acquiring data and creating reports/presentations
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- A positive attitude, with the ability to look at the “big picture” and evaluate needs and priorities appropriately
- Ability to conduct in-depth business and data analysis and to effectively communicate the results
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must value working in a collaborative environment.
- Must be highly organized and work well under tight deadlines.
- Ability to perform requested tasks with minimal direction
- 2 – 5 years of experience in a similar/related capacity
- Post-secondary education (Bachelors in Administration, Liberal Arts, etc.)
- Experience with Visual Basics
- Experience working with ERP or CRM systems
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Vaughan, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-27