OverviewStaples Product Manager – Business Intelligence Full Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Product Manager – Business Intelligence
Accordingly, candidates with backgrounds in project management, account management, technical sales and business analysis are encouraged to apply….
The Business Intelligence and Project Services (BIPS) division of Staples Customer Service continues to grow through delivering valuable insights and innovative tools to empower our internal customers to be strong and strategic leaders. The BIPS division has experienced exponential growth and has amassed amazing talent over the past five years, in particular, further positioning our group to take on more and deliver bigger, better and broader solutions. As we grow we continue to be tapped by our customers to do more and stretch ourselves to expand our offering because we deliver results and demonstrate expertise in our space. Our division has team members in Halifax, NS and in four major locations in the United States: Aurora, CO, Lincolnshire, IL; Florence, KY and Framingham, MA. Our key customers are within the Staples Customer Service organization are located within contact centers both on and offshore.
Our Product Management organization is a twist on traditional product management in that the users of our products are all within Staples Customer Service. Our customers range from Senior Vice Presidents to Contact Center Managers to Team Managers and the products we manage are vital to the successful management of our contact center operations. Examples of products managed by our Product Management team are IVR, automation, knowledge management, operational dashboards and home grown applications. While we welcome candidates with traditional product management backgrounds who have worked with primarily external customers we’re also interested in non-traditional candidates that likely have transferable skills to internal product management. Accordingly, candidates with backgrounds in project management, account management, technical sales and business analysis are encouraged to apply.
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager with a deep and diverse knowledge of managing highly technical products that are both complex in nature and that are new to the organization, preferably in a contact center environment. Thought leadership and the ability to independently bring value to the organization is a key core competency as you will responsible for driving the success of products that are unfamiliar to many of the key stakeholders in the organization. The Product Manager will be responsible for ensuring their products keep pace with the ever changing demands of the business in addition to anticipating and driving the evolution of the products based on best practices and subject matter expertise. As Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to work with all team members and support key customers in all locations through highly collaborative virtual meetings and by visiting our contact center locations. The ideal candidate will be well versed in managing multiple types of products as the potential for continued change in products managed is highly probable given the continued growth of the Product Management division.
As a high growth organization within an established company with a trusted & evolving brand, we move at a fast pace and take calculated risks. While this is a demanding position, you’ll be surrounded by a passionate team of individuals that are dedicated to a common goal of adding considerable value and being trusted advisors for our contact center leadership teams.
Tasks you’ll be juggling:
Examples of some of the tasks you could be juggling on any given day are:
- Engage customers and users to identify requirements for current and future products through ongoing visits with users.
- Periodically assess customer satisfaction with products, and ensure products meet their needs.
- Provide routine and transparent product updates to executive level stakeholders via formal presentations and written communication.
- Establish yourself as the go-to-person and key product expert, evangelist and advocate for initiatives and projects.
- Collaborate with other product managers who also manage products in the portfolio.
- Create product roadmap, conduct planning sessions to execute roadmap, and serve as primary liaison for communicating roadmap to business teams.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal customers and stakeholders to gather, synthesize and understand business requirements and define and execute product roadmaps.
- Stay informed of industry trends and best practices for current products to shape how to go about meeting business needs.
- Perform research and provide recommendations for enhancement to current suite of products.
- Serve as sponsor on cross-functional teams of project managers, business analyst, report developers, intelligence analysts, and I/T partners to plan and launch projects on time, on budget and on specification.
- Act in concert with Customer Service, Compliance, Operations, and I/T teams to build and roll out business platforms, applications, and reports needed for success.
- Review technical solutions to ensure the business requirements and long-term product goals are being met.
The ideal candidate:
- Applies a mix of thought leadership and real world experience to quickly achieve success.
- Is wildly hungry to be a part of a rapidly growing Product Management organization.
- Loves to take on new challenges where there is not a cookie cutter path to the desired outcomes.
- Can think strategically and execute tactically.
- Is quick to establish rapport and trust with both peers and partners in other parts of the organization.
- Establishes credibility quickly as an expert in your product space and how to best apply that expertise within the organization.
- Excels at time management and prioritization.
- Can juggle a wide variety of activities with limited oversight, while keeping stakeholders informed of progress.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 3 to 5+ years in totality in the following areas:
- Product management
- Information technology
- Project management
- Business analysis
- Strong analytical, qualitative, and quantitative skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate to senior level executives and third party vendor representatives
- Experience with some or all of the following:
- Market research
- Competitive analysis
- Usability testing
- Strategic thinking
- Critical thinking
- Conceptualizing, evaluating, and negotiating third party partnerships
- Breaking down complex problems and formulating plans for resolution
- Learning complex workflows and products
- 3-5 years managing individual contributors.
- Master’s degree.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24