OverviewStaples Category Specialist – Staples.ca Marketplace Full Time in Richmond Hill, ON
Branch Richmond Hill ON CA
Category Specialist – Staples.ca Marketplace
Richmond Hill, ON
Computer literate, skilled in Excel, Word, preferable Access. On-board cross-border trade vendors, verify HS classifications with third party vendor and…
PURPOSE OF JOB
Under the direction of the Manager E-Commerce Operations, this position is responsible for effectively creating and maintaining all Dropship skus and supporting the Assortment Expansion initiative for Staples.ca. This involves communications with vendors for sku/cost information and content, plus coordination with the Customer Service Team responding to merchandising database and product issues. This individual will partner with the core Merchandising teams to leverage intelligence and help building the merchandising portfolio.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Vendor and SKU Setup & Maintenance 65%
- Manage vendor on-boarding process including setup in Staples Exchange, request of vendor number, UPS account and access to Staples Partners Website for domestic and cross-border vendors
- Facilitate vendor migration from Commerce Hub to Staples Exchange platform
- On-board cross-border trade vendors, verify HS classifications with third party vendor and logistic team, upload and maintain CBT sku setup, HS code, Tariff Treatment and duty %
- Collaborate with Staples Compliance Team, roll out Staples.ca Drop-ship Vendor Compliance Program to all vendors
- Maintain Dropship Vendor Tracker which comprises various vendor info and terms
- Maintain Vendor Information Sheet for all dropship vendors
- Create SKU in AS400 and Sunrise manually or thru mass upload
- Maintain SKU setup in AS400 and relevant Sunrise flags while communicating regularly with Merchandising teams for the assigned vendors/categories
- Investigate and resolve online drop-ship out-of-stock issues with vendors and Merchandising teams
- Upload changes to product cost and sku setup in AS400 as required
- Handle sku/vendor inquiries from Customer Service Team and Retail Custom Order Team
Product & Vendor Research 15%
- Conduct research, gather industry data, track trends, themes, competitive shopping to assist assortment/vendor expansion and selection
- Write up Endless Aisle Updates for Retail Stores, Call Center and Customer Service Team
- Coordinate marketing promotions as required
- Participate in special projects as needed
- Issue various Drop-ship reports e.g. out-of-stock, UPS charges with recommendation for improvement
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic understanding of financial forms.
- Comprehensive knowledge of category related product currently available coupled with a high awareness of industry trends and new product directions.
- Computer literate, skilled in Excel, Word, preferable Access
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, problem solving and managing to deliverable dates
- Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Required to commit sufficient time and to a varying schedule to meet the demands of the position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office Environment
- Periodic overnight travel is required on a national level.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of retail management, purchasing or merchandising experience, e-commerce preferred
- Completion of post-secondary education with a focus on ecommerce or retail merchandising
- Business/Marketing management degree preferred
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Job : Merchandising/Buying
Location(s) : CA-ON-Richmond Hill
Schedule : Full-time
: : :
Staples Canada is committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities & Aboriginal People.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Richmond Hill, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31