OverviewStaples Administrative Assistant – Western District (12 Month Contract) Temporary in Burnaby, BC
Branch Burnaby BC CA
Administrative Assistant – Western District (12 Month Contract)
Please note this opportunity can be based out of Head Office, within a retail location or the opportunity to work from home….
Description PURPOSE OF JOB
To provide effective and efficient support to the District Managers to help the Districts run smoothly and efficiently and to assist in the day-to-day administrative duties of the Operations dept.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General correspondence and compilation of reports for District Manager.
- Develop and maintain various databases of information on a variety of operating performance dimensions for stores.
- Compile, prepare, analyze and track reports to support management decision-making. (i.e. P&L)
- Liaison between the Stores and Home Office to create a more efficient reporting relationship.
- Prepare PowerPoints and compile information as required for Operations/District Meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating store information
- Process confidential information including management of compensation information and intranet. (Vacation approvals, salary review process, compensation changes, store volume increase)
- Co-ordinate and maintain operation files. (Store files, project files, people planning etc.)
- Assist with special projects as required
- Reports for Central Regions (i.e. Contests, tracking)
- Monitor monthly expenditures for General Managers (i.e. repairs and maintenance)
- Compile info for General Managers and Managers to review in order for them to determine ratings.
- Coordinate and book hotel and travel arrangements
- Arrange meetings and events for the Districts and the operations department (Facilities, equipment, meals etc.)
- Attend District meetings and various committees to record minutes as required.
- Provide customer service assistance as required (i.e. Customer reply letter)
- Maintain Human Resources Files
- Coordinate the district Softball Tournament
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office Applications. AS400, Internet research.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Please note this opportunity can be based out of Head Office, within a retail location or the opportunity to work from home.
- Business Support Manager experience preferred.
- 1-2 years of administrative or retail experience or equivalent experience
- Secondary education with a focus on administrative studies
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Job : Administration
Location(s) : CA-BC-Burnaby
Other Locations : CA-BC-Vancouver, CA-BC-Burnaby, CA-BC-Richmond, CA-BC-Coquitlam
Schedule : Full-time
: : :
Staples Canada is committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities & Aboriginal People.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Posted on: 2018-02-11