OverviewStantec Project Coordinator – Buildings Group (Temporary Maternity Leave for 1 Year) Temporary in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Project Coordinator – Buildings Group (Temporary Maternity Leave for 1 Year)
Prepare or modify contract documents including plans, specifications and details with supervision Perform Contract Administration responsibilities including…
We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we’re achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic, integrated team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Our Edmonton office has an opportunity for a Project Coordinator in our Buildings Engineering group.
Your Duties: Under the direction of the Principal, Buildings Group, this Project Coordinator position is a multi-faceted role which works closely with the design team in the development of proposals, documentation of projects, and project delivery. This position will perform several duties in support of the Buildings project team in proposal development and will help execute the design concepts, from initial conception to construction and project close-out. This process will be done in a manner consistent with Stantec standards and practices for project delivery.
Key areas of responsibilities and assignments may include:
- Assist in the preparation of thoughtful project proposals with high-impact, engaging presentations, and other communications in alignment with the Stantec brand. You will be working closely with our technical project managers to create compelling messages that set our firm apart from the pack
- Prepare project set-up, including web based project delivery software platform and user manuals
- Under the direction of the Principal, prepare project reporting, both internal and external
- Arrange, attend project meetings and distribute material for meetings between user groups and Consultants.
- Assist the Principal in the development of standard bids, contact and purchase order documents
- Assess and prepare a list of bidders; solicit, receive and evaluate bids; and provide recommendations
- Receive, and obtain reviews and approvals for invoices and claims; support project billing efforts.
- Prepare or modify contract documents including plans, specifications and details with supervision
- Perform Contract Administration responsibilities including attending construction meetings, submittal reviews, change order administration, maintaining logs, and project closeout
- Conduct business intelligence research
- Support the Quality Assurance/ Quality Control Review Process
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- University degree or college diploma preferably in a business administration, project management or buildings engineering technology field of study
- Several years of project coordination related experience of which at least 2-3 years must be with a consulting firm engaged in construction/engineering related activities
- Computer saavy in scheduling software, MS Office Suite, SharePoint, Visio
- Sound knowledge of project management concepts and practices
- Fully conversant with analysis, design and specifications for both contract documents and ongoing project management
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including effective presentation and report writing skills.
Note : This is a temporary, maternity leave full time replacement role for one year, ending in November 2017 with the possibility of extension or conversion to full time.
Submit your Resume for this job: Submit your resume for this role Apply
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us! / Connectez avec nous!: Not ready to apply or not sure if we currently have an open position that would be your perfect fit? You can still connect with us so we can keep you updated on opportunities that match your skills and experience.
Vous n’êtes pas prêt(e) à envoyer votre candidature ou ne savez pas si nous avons actuellement un poste ouvert qui serait adapté à vos compétences? Vous pouvez toujours communiquer avec nous et nous vous informerons des possibilités qui correspondent à vos compétences et à votre expérience.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships.
Agences de recrutement et de dotation
Stantec apprécie l’intérêt porté par les agences de dotation de personnel. Toutefois, tout curriculum vitae non-sollicité envoyé à Stantec ou à un employé de Stantec qui n’est pas lié à un contrat actuel et valide avec une agence ne pourra donner droit à des frais de recherche. En ce moment, Stantec n’est pas à la recherche de nouveaux partenariats avec des agences de dotation de personnel.
Stantec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Stantec will provide reasonable accommodation to all applicants and employees. Please contact our Helpline at (855) 917-7440 or email [email protected] if you need an accommodation to complete the application process.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31