OverviewStantec Field Technicians (Seasonal & Co-op) Temporary in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Field Technicians (Seasonal & Co-op)
Have completed or are currently enrolled in a Civil Engineering Diploma or Degree program. Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in…
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. We perform geotechnical studies to solve pressing infrastructure and construction rehabilitation issues. Sometimes, we break new ground with our ideas. Other times, we’re bringing stability to a project.
Your Duties: We are currently looking for students to work as Field Technicians (Seasonal & Co-op) within the Geotechnical and Materials Engineering department to be based out of our Calgary, AB office for an eight (8) month co-op placement, commencing May 2017.
Under the direction of the Laboratory Manager, you will work closely with an impressive team of engineers and technologists, primarily performing field and laboratory QA/QC monitoring and testing services. Primary duties may include:
- Construction QA/QC Monitoring and Testing:
- Field and laboratory testing of soil, aggregate, concrete, mortar and bituminous paving mixtures.
- Fill placement and compaction monitoring.
- Fresh and hardened concrete monitoring and testing.
- Deep and shallow foundation construction.
- Assisting in resolution of technical issues on construction sites.
- Various other QA/QC field and laboratory testing services as required
- Reporting: You will be required to regularly complete detailed field and laboratory reports and submit them to the laboratory manager
- Operations: You will be expected to support team operations and play an integral part in the success of the project. Promotion of our health and safety culture, client relations, training and mentoring of more junior staff, equipment and resources maintenance and management, and other related duties will be expected.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: As the successful candidate, you will possess the following qualifications:
- Have completed or are currently enrolled in a Civil Engineering Diploma or Degree program.
- Energetic, team oriented player with a commitment to superior client service.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to communicate effectively with technical and management personnel remotely.
- Available to work on out of town projects, typically 1 to 2 weeks but as long as 3 to 4 weeks at a time.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
- CCIL/CSA certification for concrete field and laboratory testing is required. Training will be provided in order to receive the certification.
- Moderate lifting and traversing uneven ground will be required.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-25