Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2015-01-24
St. Michael’s Hospital Security Communications Specialist Full Time in Toronto, ON
St. Michael’s Hospital
Branch Toronto ON CA
Security Communications Specialist
Prospective candidates, upon selection, will submit to a RCMP criminal background check. Must be punctual, and have an acceptable attendance record….
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide an appropriate and professional level of service and consultation on security and emergency procedures.
- Provide supportive assistance to all patients, visitors and staff. Monitor Security and Fire alarm systems, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and radio communications base.
- Ability to effectively dispatch Security Officers to routine and emergency calls.
- Responsible for managing Key and Access Control.
- Effectively handle all telephone calls and general inquiries.
- Candidate must be able to work 1130pm-730am on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Graduate of a recognized four month community college program in Emergency Telecommunications or 2 year Law and Security diploma program; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Previous experience with Security and Fire alarm systems.
- Knowledge of computer software applications (Windows, Excel, etc.).
- Excellent and effective communication (written/verbal), interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Mission and Values of St. Michael’s Hospital.
- Must be punctual, and have an acceptable attendance record.
- Prospective candidates, upon selection, will submit to a RCMP criminal background check.
HOURS: Must be available to work 8 hour shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends.