Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2018-04-04
St. Michael’s Hospital Medical Imaging Clerk Temporary in Toronto, ON
St. Michael’s Hospital
Branch Toronto ON CA
Medical Imaging Clerk
Assists with training and orientation in all clerical areas. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:….
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greeting patients and families, and assisting in meeting their needs when appropriate.
- Must verify, enter and validate patient information for patients in all departments of Medical Imaging, through registration and appointment creation
- Scheduling and coordinating appointments.
- Organizing and maintaining patient requisitions as well as electronic and paper information filing systems.
- Supporting referral management.
- Providing clerical support to all health care staff.
- Communicate appointments and preparation instructions to the patient or referring health provider as required
- Provides clear and concise information to patient inquiries and urgent requests.
- Processes and verifies information on requisitions, and registers and updates patient records database.
- Accurate consolidation of patient records
- Actively participates in team building concepts.
- Assists with all medical imaging record functions
- Assists with troubleshooting of billing errors
- Assists with training and orientation in all clerical areas
- The successful candidate must be available for all shifts, days, evenings and overnights.
- The department operates with a compl e ment of shift hours both 8 and 12 hour shifts coverage are required
- Other duties as required
- Successful completion of a University degree or College Diploma in any Healthcare, Business Administration or Computer Science would be an asset
- Advanced knowledge, skills and proficiency with computer software program, i.e. MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, would be an asset
- Knowledgeable and competent in medical terminology
- Medical terminology certificate would be an asset
- Must be flexible to rotate through all areas of Medical Imaging providing clerical support.
- Must be flexible in start times and be able to work all shifts (days, evenings, overnights and weekends).
- Must be available to work on short notice.
- Exemplary telephone manner is mandatory.
- Quick, accurate data entry skills a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated superior organization skills and ability to prioritize competing tasks
- Superior work ethic, professionalism, dependability, initiative and positive attitude
- Ability to make decisions, exercise good judgment in dealing with confidential information and/or in responding to inquiries
- Excellent attention to details and follows up on outstanding issues
- Reliable and flexible with ability to work efficiently in a fast paced, multi-tasking and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment,
- Aligns and supports a commitment to the Hospital Mission and Values.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to providing outstanding customer service and patient care.
- Must be flexible, punctual and have an excellent attendance record.