OverviewSt. Michael’s Hospital Education Coordinator – Specialized Complex Care Full Time in Toronto, ON
St. Michael’s Hospital
Branch Toronto ON CA
Education Coordinator – Specialized Complex Care
Bachelor Degree in Arts or Science preferred. The Critical Care Education Coordinator is responsible for all the educational administrative duties related to…
The Critical Care Education Coordinator is responsible for all the educational administrative duties related to all medical students/residents/fellows rotating through the MSICU/CVICU/TNICU at St. Michael’s Hospital.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assigning residents to the MSICU/CVICU/TNICU.
- Creating a call schedule on a monthly basis and distributing the schedule to medical students/residents/fellows two weeks prior to the start of the month. Distribution of the call schedule is also made to all the units and staff physicians. Any changes made to the schedule are resent out to all parties involved.
- Synthesizing and keeping track of all vacation/non-on call requests (both accepted and declined) submitted by the students/residents and ensuring adherence to the PAIRO guidelines.
- Tacking, validating and inputting call stipends into the online system.
- Requesting and collating evaluations from attending physicians for all students/residents rotating through the units.
- Arranging a midterm and subsequent final evaluation meeting with the Director of Resident Education for all residents rotating through the units.
- Distributing the teaching schedule to all the students/residents, involved physicians as well as the ICUs. Sending out reminders to the staff physician of upcoming teaching assignments and photocopying any teaching aides requested.
- Distributing and collating the evaluation forms for each teaching session and providing staff physicians a summary for the purposes of their teaching dossier.
- Booking the appropriate teaching space and providing catering for the teaching sessions.
- At the start of each two month block, arranging the equipment and staff for the orientation session as well as facilitating the multidisciplinary orientation.
- Coordinating medical students/residents electives in the unit. This involves determining if a position is available to accommodate the student, ensuring that all documentation to facilitate the elective has been arranged and ensuring the submission of any evaluation forms.
- This position may involve working on special projects and innovative education support initiatives
- Bachelor Degree in Arts or Science preferred.
- Experience working in a teaching hospital environment as education coordinator would be a major asset
- Must possess at least one year´s experience working in a teaching hospital environment and providing delivery of the undergraduate curriculum to medical students.
- Experience with Faculty of Medicine, U of T staff, faculty and procedures is an asset
- Excellent organizational, communication (verbal/written), decision making/problem solving skills, and interpersonal competence are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be self-motivated in a busy environment.
- Familiarity with Windows based software is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attendance record
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23